• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Could Wake Beat Wichita State?

DeacDoug

Reaction score
Looks like Gregg Marshall's Shockers are on a serious downturn.

Dufus Wellman had the chance to go after him while still at UNCW (?), and refused to meet with him. What a dumbass.

I feel bad for HBU like I felt bad for Stetson. They thought they got a program defining win. If I remember correctly, the Stetson coach got fired at the end of that season.

I feel bad for HBU like I felt bad for Stetson. They thought they got a program defining win. If I remember correctly, the Stetson coach got fired at the end of that season.

He didn't get fired.
Derek Waugh, who's a friend, decided being a college basketball coach wasn't for him.
He became the AD at Dalton State (GA) and restarted their athletic program after about 40 years of no sports. He is no longer AD and is in private business, sports related.
Btw, he went to Law school at Wake.

Yeah, everybody knows Marshall was at Winthrop, the cradle of great coaches.

My wife reminds me i am a dumbass almost daily so no nig deal. It appears i cant keep wichita state and wright state separate. It was Brad Brownwell to whom Ronnie gave the cold shoulder, and refused to call.

He didn't get fired.
Derek Waugh, who's a friend, decided being a college basketball coach wasn't for him.
He became the AD at Dalton State (GA) and restarted their athletic program after about 40 years of no sports. He is no longer AD and is in private business, sports related.
Btw, he went to Law school at Wake.

Thanks for the clarification. Good luck to him.

Yeah we would kill Wichita State. Clawson would have our guys ready to play!

Maybe we should start a thread for every team in D1 and whether we'd beat them.

Back