• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

ESPN Article on Food Safety at Pro Sports Stadiums

The food at BOA Stadium is low-grade, to be kind. Even at club level the food is disgusting. The chili chipotle nachos are the nastiest i've ever seen, and some people eat that shit! You can smell that nasty mess from 2 sections over! I don't mind paying $15 for food if it's decent. The best thing they have are the crispy chicken wings for 9.99...

Back in the day, The Vet used to serve "striped hot dogs". Those were the left overs from the night before that were refrigerated after being cooked and sold the next day. They often has what looked like stripes on them.

I'd also guess that The Vet wasn't the only stadium that didn't clean their beer or soda lines that often. They could get really gross.

I'm not sure if it was an urban legend or science, but there was a story that carbonation from beers and sodas would eat the coating of paper cups. You'd be drinking a beer with decomposing wax in it.

Well RJ... that explains a lot regarding Philly fans. :)

Actually, BOA concessions do give away the unsold hot dogs near the end of the game... at that point i'm usually a few IPA's deep, and in need of a grease rocket or two!

The Angels have sushi at the ballpark. If you eat sushi at a ballpark and get sick, it's on you not the team or concessionaire.

They also have something that is counter to ballpark food that is great after the seventh inning, cinnamon rolls.

One of my favorite guy type Vegas story happened at Barbary Coast. My buddy Mike and I were playing blackjack. He was playing first base. I was playing third.

From the side door we see THE John Thompson enter. He is followed by Dikembe, Zo and Patrick. They get a private blckjack table next to us. After about forty-five minutes they leave.

People at my table are talking about basketball. mike says, Tell them your Patrick story."

I don't want to do it. The pit boss vcomes over and asks Mike, "Is it a good story?"

He says it is. The pit boss says tell the story.

so I start. It's about Patrick's visit to the Palestra as a frosh. There lots of rumors of how he got into G'town. As I started the story the p[it boss moved away.

Well the front row had Nova fans. They had placards saying "Patrik" "Ken" "U" "Reede" "Dis".

I related that TYhompson lost his mind and yelled at Rollie,"That's BS. Get the mto take those signs down."

All 5'6 of Rollie stood next to JT's 6'10. Rollie was smiliing,"John, I can't it's the 1st Amendement."

Thompson stormed away.

I finished the story by saying "Patrick could ball, but at 18 he was dumb as a fuckin rock."

As I finished the story, everybody roared. Mike has tears coming down his face. The pit boss came over with his comp sheet out, "How many people are here with you?"

I told him, "Three."

He wrote the comp,"If you make dinner, it's on me, have as many drinks as you want and don't leave atip."

I am completely puzzled. It was a decent story, but the hole table is roaring. I have no fucking clue what's going on until the lady next to me taps on the shoulder and points behind me.

Through the entire story Patrick was standing three feet from me.

He left. I started breathing again.

We had a great dinner and lots of drinks.

About two weeks later was my birthday. I went out to get the paper. there was a popup,balloon birthday card. The note said, "Happi bertda, C Uin Veegas, patric"

I can't believe Mike and his wife got up that early.

Back in the day, The Vet used to serve "striped hot dogs". Those were the left overs from the night before that were refrigerated after being cooked and sold the next day. They often has what looked like stripes on them.

I'd also guess that The Vet wasn't the only stadium that didn't clean their beer or soda lines that often. They could get really gross.

I'm not sure if it was an urban legend or science, but there was a story that carbonation from beers and sodas would eat the coating of paper cups. You'd be drinking a beer with decomposing wax in it.

You learned quickly not do get a draft beer at Giants Stadium until the second quarter

Showing my age, I guess, but I can't ID three quarters of these places thanks to the never ending name changes.

Crab cakes at M&T Bank and Camden Yards in the club level are pretty decent.

I have a tough time eating crab cakes outside of DMV. I definitely wouldn't touch crab cakes at a stadium outside of DMV.

Sokolove's story reminds me that I also miss RobertTrentJones.

It's him repeating a story of mine. Like everything he does.

His jealousy from having such a boring life of his own that he has relive mine is truly sad.

Which place is it that serves the crickets?

Back