• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Lewis "on leave" from WF Hoops

This is it. I’m done. This is the final straw. This is the clearest example among the myriad others of why our basketball program is such a clusterfuck.

227e9556c03deec347c49f939ff16245.gif

Lol. What a dumpster fire of a program Manning has built.

Remember when some people were hoping that we were getting a diamond in the rough and assuming that Lewis was magically going to be just as good as a college freshman, relative to his peers, as he was as a high school soph despite not playing multiple years of basketball? Pepperridge Farm remembers.

That magical jump in coaching talent that typically occurs in the 15th year of your coaching career...

Dude, we agree

Additional context: I've said numerous times now that I find it borderline criminal that Richard Washington and Donovan Mitchell had their freshmen seasons so poorly managed. They lost redshirt seasons by being played 17 and 7 minutes each respectively in 2016-17. Mitchell lost a redshirt season for playing a total of seven minutes across four games. Seems ridiculous.

That is a good point. I hated that from a fans perspective as I wanted to see these guys get a little run and see how they held up. I never understood why walk-ons were playing over these 2.

I never looked at it from the players perspective of burning a red shirt with nothing to show. That really is disrespectful of the player and their careers. If they were not good enough to play, then preserve their chance to play somewhere else. If they are potentially playable guys, give them some run in games that are not close.

Manning never fails to make bad decisions even when he has to reach to do it.

MY buddy asked me the other day if Manning would get fired and I immediately thought of Eli and then Archie. Not thinking of Danny shows where Wake basketball is on my radar now.

I guess finals didn't go so well

placing him on leave for the exhibition game and then immediately re-instating him seemed rather toothless

Jerry Braswell, Cornelius Hudson, Jamie Lewis - we should retire #25

Perhaps we should have just retired #25 after Scott Feather graduated, would've been a dignified sendoff

But I am sure Wellman is impressed with how well our players wear their socks. That is the only thing that Manning has gotten right since he arrived. Mismanagement of all aspects of his job.

But I am sure Wellman is impressed with how well our players wear their socks. That is the only thing that Manning has gotten right since he arrived. Mismanagement of all aspects of his job.

I dig the short shorts making a comeback. JC rocked them hard while he was here and now Hoard is hiking them up even higher.

what a fucking joke.. he is worse than ol bizzledick

Nah, the worst part about this is I don't even know who he is. The name doesn't even sound familiar. If we are going to have academic dum dums can we at least get some that score more than 3 points in 8 games? That's 0.375 points per game (which might even be lower than his GPA).

I mean really. What a shitshow. I could post up at half court and lob hook shots after two bottles of wine (which is where I am so far this evening) and have better numbers. I hope he has partied his ass off and at least gotten something out of the tens of thousands of dollars invested in his education. I mean to fail out of college is one thing, or to not play basketball very well, but to fuck both up? That's getting it done.

Given all of the events surrounding our basketball program over the last decade, I fully expect that we’ll get hit with penalties for his recruitment.

Given all of the events surrounding our basketball program over the last decade, I fully expect that we’ll get hit with penalties for his recruitment.

It was probably the strangest in the post-Gaudio-era, that's for sure. What a mess.

Does anyone know the percentage of basketball players recruited to Wake that did not make it to their senior year (NBA draftees like Collins excluded) over the past 9 years?

Seems like it would have to be under 10%. Wake is not doing a good job at fielding a competitive basketball team or preparing young men for life.

It should not be all that hard to do at least one of those things.

At this point, we would not be much worse on the court if we just recruited players from the student body, and our graduation rate would be a whole lot better.

MY buddy asked me the other day if Manning would get fired and I immediately thought of Eli and then Archie. Not thinking of Danny shows where Wake basketball is on my radar now.

Weird that you would think of Eli and Archie but not Peyton.

Back