• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Lewis "on leave" from WF Hoops

Congrats to Jamie Lewis. His chances of potentially making the NCAA tournament just increased dramatically.

Given all of the events surrounding our basketball program over the last decade, I fully expect that we’ll get hit with penalties for his recruitment.

We have to be near the punishable graduation rate, right?

I didnt even know this kid was on the team. How far we have fallen.

We have to be near the punishable graduation rate, right?

Transfer students who leave on good academic standing don't count against graduation rate in the NCAA calculation. Nor do students in good academic standing who leave to pursue professional athletics.

The only one who left under questionable academic circumstances was Cornelius Hudson. If Jamie Lewis doesn't get his academics together, he could be next.

Doral Moore and Bryant Crawford both left mid semester. If either one didn't take care of academics that last semester, that would be a problem.

The rest of the transfers simply have become some other school's worries.

This is it. I’m done. This is the final straw. This is the clearest example among the myriad others of why our basketball program is such a clusterfuck.

This is your line? Color me confused. Sounds to me like the kid as a reefer problem or straight academics? Hell, maybe it's pharmaceuticals after all his injuries.

But I was done when we what the bed in the final 5 minutes of a game. Again. This is not it. This falls under the shit happens category.

This is your line? Color me confused. Sounds to me like the kid as a reefer problem or straight academics? Hell, maybe it's pharmaceuticals after all his injuries.

But I was done when we what the bed in the final 5 minutes of a game. Again. This is not it. This falls under the shit happens category.

I read that post as a sarcastic comment on how these boards over react and read substantial negativity into every little thing that happens to the program. Maybe I’m wrong though, RC107 is a curious cookie so maybe this was indeed the last straw.

I read that post as a sarcastic comment on how these boards over react and read substantial negativity into every little thing that happens to the program. Maybe I’m wrong though, RC107 is a curious cookie so maybe this was indeed the last straw.

You could be right. These boards never fail to surprise, but surprised this thread still has legs. Our 10th man keeps getting suspended for off the court stuff. A big shrug if you ask me. IMO, we have been misusing Sharone Wright Jr. for the last 3 or 4 games anyway, so anything that gets this kid on the court for 20+ minutes is a net positive this year, for me. Lewis may end up having a sleepy okay game in time. Wright has that game now. And he's not all that sleepy. He is honestly the only guy on our team right now you can throw him the ball on the perimeter with 5 seconds left on the clock and he can drive to a good spot and take a good shot. I like the kid's game a lot and he should be playing 25 minutes at SG. He's also a net positive on D. Our grad transfer from North Ariz is not a net positive on either end of the court right now, not consistently anyway

This is it. I’m done. This is the final straw. This is the clearest example among the myriad others of why our basketball program is such a clusterfuck.

8YEhEb.gif

"According to the NCAA, about 40 percent of Division I players leave their first school by end of sophomore year. Percentage of players transferring from one four-year school to another increased from 9.4 in 2003-04 to 13.8 in 2013-14, according to Sports Illustrated and the NCAA. That represents a 47 percent increase.Nov 7, 2017"

"According to the NCAA, about 40 percent of Division I players leave their first school by end of sophomore year. Percentage of players transferring from one four-year school to another increased from 9.4 in 2003-04 to 13.8 in 2013-14, according to Sports Illustrated and the NCAA. That represents a 47 percent increase.Nov 7, 2017"

Musical benches

If all the above numbers are correct, that would mean about 260+ kids leave D1 four year schools and either go pro or to Jucos or D2 or D3 schools. Or, worst of all, just quit school.

Here is my arithmetic on this.

300+ D1 basketball schools sign about 1000 players per year. 40% total transfers by end of soph year= 400. Almost 14% transfer to another D1 school. That would be about 140. The other 260 go???? A few go pro somewhere, but probably less than 30 by end of soph year.

So a lot of kids are either taking a step down in education or giving up on it completely.

Jamie Lewis "on leave" from WF Hoops

How many Wake basketball players have graduated since Wellman fired Dino?

so Lewis will have to sit out a year before he plays again so that means he has played probably less than 100 minutes of total basketball the last three years. good luck Kid, you're going to need it.

Back