• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Lewis "on leave" from WF Hoops

PhDeac

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
Reaction score
Jamie Lewis placed on leave

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/lewis-placed-on-leave/

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. – The Wake Forest men's basketball team announced Thursday (Dec. 13) that freshman guard Jamie Lewis is on leave from the program. He will not practice with the team or play in games while on the leave.
"We know that it is in Jamie's best interest to take a leave at this time," said head coach Danny Manning. "We support him in this process that will hopefully allow him to succeed as a student-athlete in the near future."
A native of Atlanta, Lewis appeared in all eight regular season games off the bench for the Demon Deacons this season, scoring three points. He missed the Nov. 2 exhibition game vs. Belmont Abbey while on an academic leave.

Having only seen about 15 minutes of wake basketball this year, is he still hurt, or just not any good?

Having only seen about 15 minutes of wake basketball this year, is he still hurt, or just not any good?

Probably a little of both. Also, WF has been so disappointing this year that games that should've been blowouts weren't, and as a result, guys farther down the bench never got a chance to play to see if they could develop.

The annual mass exodus is starting a bit early this season.

Great. I expect Wellman will deify him like he did with Daniel Green, whose absence no coach could reasonably overcome so we should give him more time.

The annual mass exodus is starting a bit early this season.

Yup let the annual Manning Mass exodus begin. It's comical how terrible Manning is at this point.

Good news is we can use #NewBeginnings on our social media again next year with a completely turned over roster.

Last edited:
Sounds like he wasn't taking school seriously. Probably a mistake at Work Forest.

I guess finals didn't go so well

placing him on leave for the exhibition game and then immediately re-instating him seemed rather toothless

Jerry Braswell, Cornelius Hudson, Jamie Lewis - we should retire #25

Seems like a reasonably talented kid. Hopefully, he will take advantage of the tutoring, get his academics in order and possibly redshirt if that is still possible. Hope kids take advantage of the support they get at Wake.

Well he lasted longer than Melvin Tabb, so there's that

Don't we have a paper class to put him in? No? You mean "it doesn't go on everywhere" like UNC fans claim?

Didn't he miss a lot of high school ball without any known specific season-ending types of injuries? Complete speculation, but I wondered if there were more to the story than just hard-luck injuries. He is young. I hope he can grow up quick enough to take advantage of the educational opportunities that his basketball talents can allow him.

Great. I expect Wellman will deify him like he did with Daniel Green, whose absence no coach could reasonably overcome so we should give him more time.

Daniel Green seemed to be a really good kid, who had really bad luck.

Back