• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2nd place in Director's Cup

Barbara Walker has done a really great job.

Yeah really. I just assumed she was over women’s sports given her title.

“Walker oversees the sports of field hockey, men's soccer, and men's tennis, plus compliance, student-athlete services, and student-athlete development.”

Why isn’t she mentioned as Wellman’s eventual replacement?

Because Wellman is never going to leave. Ever.

I think Wellman will have a say in his successor, and I don't know that he and Walker get on particularly well. Pure speculation. And she may not want it/be close to retiring as well. I don't really know.

IIRC, Walker isn’t exactly young. She’s great though. I really have a hard time imagining that our next AD won’t be Mike Buddie.

IIRC, Walker isn’t exactly young. She’s great though. I really have a hard time imagining that our next AD won’t be Mike Buddie.

That would be my guess. Glad he got away for a few years to do his own thing.

Here are the ACC standings, with national rank included:

2 Wake Forest
5 North Carolina State
6 North Carolina
7 Duke
8 Virginia
10 Notre Dame
14 Florida State
23 Virginia Tech
42 Syracuse
48 Louisville
51 GT
100 BC
100 Clemson
Not ranked Miami
Not ranked Pitt

4 NC ACC schools in the top 7 is pretty insane. How many more points would we have had if Men's soccer had fulfilled their potential and won the natty?

Miserable

Fucking

Fanbase

To be fair outside of football and men’s basketball there’s not much of a fanbase, extend that to men’s soccer and baseball the fanbase ticks up slightly, after that cant be a miserable fucking fanbase when there is no fanbase.

To be fair outside of football and men’s basketball there’s not much of a fanbase, extend that to men’s soccer and baseball the fanbase ticks up slightly, after that cant be a miserable fucking fanbase when there is no fanbase.

betterphan disagrees

4 NC ACC schools in the top 7 is pretty insane. How many more points would we have had if Men's soccer had fulfilled their potential and won the natty?

We would have added 36 more points - still not enough to overtake Stanford.

In addition to adding football results, women’s volleyball will be added to complete the fall cycle. We’ll drop some but will probably remain in the top 10.

That is insane.
So is 6 of the top 10 are ACC schools.

6th place in the latest update and will probably stay there once football comes in (winning any bowl as an unranked team counts as finishing just outside the Top 25)

The final fall standings have been released and Wake finished the fall #1 in the ACC and #6 in the country. In 2015 Wake finished the fall #110 in the country, in 2017 we were #32, and in 2018 we were #17.

The final fall standings have been released and Wake finished the fall #1 in the ACC and #6 in the country. In 2015 Wake finished the fall #110 in the country, in 2017 we were #32, and in 2018 we were #17.

Weird. Overall I feel like every sport performed a little worse than last year with the exception of Wonen’s Soccer

Back