• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2nd place in Director's Cup

Agreed.

One of the strangest things on this board is the animosity towards all the Wake athletic teams. I get being upset with the men's basketball situation, but look at the tags in the current threads about the football, tennis, baseball, and soccer teams. I don't often look at the tags because I read on my phone, but when I do see them, man are they weird. Maybe it's all just coming from one person? It's like looking at the comments in a youtube video...

I’m pretty sure the animosity is towards those who hold up soccer or field hockey (or the mere fact that we are consistently competitive in football) as some evidence that Wellman hasn’t been an abysmal failure the past 10 years.

I’m pretty sure the animosity is towards those who hold up soccer or field hockey (or the mere fact that we are consistently competitive in football) as some evidence that Wellman hasn’t been an abysmal failure the past 10 years.

Weird. Directly attacking high caliber soccer, tennis, baseball, etc teams seems like a really odd approach.

Comes to no surprise by most, but I am on the team that supports all of our athletic programs and, despite my anger, I'm able to separate our success in other sports from our current shitstorm of a basketball program.

Weird. Directly attacking high caliber soccer, tennis, baseball, etc teams seems like a really odd approach.

Pretty sure you are smarter than you are pretending to be here.

Obviously, no one is attacking success in other sports.
They don't want success in minor sports used as a shield to protect the guy who has let the showcase sport be completely destroyed.

Pretty sure you are smarter than you are pretending to be here.

Obviously, no one is attacking success in other sports.

Wrong. Here are some of the tags from other threads: soccer - 10 people give a fuck, for fucks sake, wakesocceralwayschokes; tennis - 5 people give 2 fucks, dozens are excited!, ones of ppl edge of seat; football - 6-6! yay! excitement! lol, wf: where 6-6 is the goal; baseball - boring sport/boring fans, paint drying > baseball, somebody shoot me.

Wrong. Here are some of the tags from other threads: soccer - 10 people give a fuck, for fucks sake, wakesocceralwayschokes; tennis - 5 people give 2 fucks, dozens are excited!, ones of ppl edge of seat; football - 6-6! yay! excitement! lol, wf: where 6-6 is the goal; baseball - boring sport/boring fans, paint drying > baseball, somebody shoot me.

Tags are sirius biznass!

Tags are real life!!!!

Yeah, nobody claimed anything on here is real life. It's pretty far from it. I just wondered why there was so much animosity towards Wake teams that are performing at really high levels.

Yeah, nobody claimed anything on here is real life. It's pretty far from it. I just wondered why there was so much animosity towards Wake teams that are performing at really high levels.

There is no animosity aimed at the teams. It's all aimed at certain posters who attempt to make far more of it than it's worth to support the idea that, besides the last decade of basketball failure, things really are hunky dory in the old Wake AD. Sarcasm is a thing. No one hates the success of our tennis team, even if they think it's mostly meaningless in the grand scheme.

Why read the tags? Pretty much the scummiest among us who have to hide deeper than their user name. Most tags are pretty awful. For those whom hiding behind an anonymous user name is not enough.

attachment.php

bagdad-bob.jpg

Why read the tags? Pretty much the scummiest among us who have to hide deeper than their user name. Most tags are pretty awful. For those whom hiding behind an anonymous user name is not enough.

Agreed. It does seem to be the domain of the near sub-human. I usually don't see the tags, but every now and then I do and end up wondering who wrote them and why.

Back