• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2nd place in Director's Cup

You have to be pretty cynical to see this as bad news. I am proud of our coaches and athletes from our fall sports. Stanford is virtually #1 every year, because they have so many more sports. We will drop back in the spring for sure, but this ought to be a source of pride for all of us who love MSD.

Pretty darn impressive for LOWF.
Go Deacs.

Cynical is a polite way of putting it.

Congratulations MSD and all Deacs.

Very impressive.

This could be construed as bad news.

I think the poster sees this as big credit to Ron W.... And it is, as well as very impressive credit for our Wake athletes and coaches.
However, makes men's basketball a big contrast in our discussions about leadership.

Like other posters, I am very proud of our Deacons. I just see this as possibly increasing the likelihood that Wellman will make the next decision regarding our basketball program, where it’s to retain Manning or to hire his replacement.

There is no doubt that this is great news for WF. Everyone should take pride in WF doing well. Wellman even deserves a lot of praise for this as well. Quite a few WF sports are playing extremely well right now and he made some good hiring decisions. And he's getting some beautiful buildings put up to help out every team, especially fball and bball.

With that, this in no way excuses him for what he's done to the basketball program. I like WF being good at a lot of sports but they've got win in the marquee ones too or it doesn't matter that much to most fans. I am still off the mind that Wellman's mismanagement of basketball outweighs the good performances of the other sports.

This news pretty much ensures he stays as long as he wants. Let's just hope he either hands off some responsibility in the likely bball coach search or exercises solid reasoning to make a good hire this time.

This is really cool, but by the end of basketball season, WF will drop from 2nd to 30th. Stanford will stay at number one after they win the UNO and Candy Land winter indoor national championships.

Here are the ACC standings, with national rank included:

2 Wake Forest
5 North Carolina State
6 North Carolina
7 Duke
8 Virginia
10 Notre Dame
14 Florida State
23 Virginia Tech
42 Syracuse
48 Louisville
51 GT
100 BC
100 Clemson
Not ranked Miami
Not ranked Pitt

There is no doubt that this is great news for WF. Everyone should take pride in WF doing well. Wellman even deserves a lot of praise for this as well. Quite a few WF sports are playing extremely well right now and he made some good hiring decisions. And he's getting some beautiful buildings put up to help out every team, especially fball and bball.

With that, this in no way excuses him for what he's done to the basketball program. I like WF being good at a lot of sports but they've got win in the marquee ones too or it doesn't matter that much to most fans. I am still off the mind that Wellman's mismanagement of basketball outweighs the good performances of the other sports.

This news pretty much ensures he stays as long as he wants. Let's just hope he either hands off some responsibility in the likely bball coach search or exercises solid reasoning to make a good hire this time.

I'm pretty sure he hands off a lot of the responsibility for the coaching searches in the non-revenue sports to the associate ADs overseeing those sports, but maybe that was an old practice.

Back