Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd place in Director's Cup

This could be construed as bad news.

You have to be pretty cynical to see this as bad news. I am proud of our coaches and athletes from our fall sports. Stanford is virtually #1 every year, because they have so many more sports. We will drop back in the spring for sure, but this ought to be a source of pride for all of us who love MSD.

Too bad we went out early in menís soccer

Pretty darn impressive for LOWF.
    Go Deacs.

Robert O'Kelley
    Cynical is a polite way of putting it.

Congratulations MSD and all Deacs.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    This could be construed as bad news.
    I think the poster sees this as big credit to Ron W.... And it is, as well as very impressive credit for our Wake athletes and coaches.
    However, makes men's basketball a big contrast in our discussions about leadership.

I don't see how this could be anything but good news?

Quote Originally Posted by DeamonDeac3 View Post
    I don't see how this could be anything but good news?
    It may increase the likelihood we keep Ron Wellman. That is terrible if this helps him stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ball State Deac View Post
    It may increase the likelihood we keep Ron Wellman. That is terrible if this helps him stay.
    Keep him? Hell, if he stays much longer, we can just turn his office into a mausoleum.

Rusty Larue

This is objectively great news. Ron Wellman is an objectively awful AD. Itís not complicated.

Like other posters, I am very proud of our Deacons. I just see this as possibly increasing the likelihood that Wellman will make the next decision regarding our basketball program, where itís to retain Manning or to hire his replacement.

Robert O'Kelley
    There is no doubt that this is great news for WF. Everyone should take pride in WF doing well. Wellman even deserves a lot of praise for this as well. Quite a few WF sports are playing extremely well right now and he made some good hiring decisions. And he's getting some beautiful buildings put up to help out every team, especially fball and bball.

With that, this in no way excuses him for what he's done to the basketball program. I like WF being good at a lot of sports but they've got win in the marquee ones too or it doesn't matter that much to most fans. I am still off the mind that Wellman's mismanagement of basketball outweighs the good performances of the other sports.

This news pretty much ensures he stays as long as he wants. Let's just hope he either hands off some responsibility in the likely bball coach search or exercises solid reasoning to make a good hire this time.

This is really cool, but by the end of basketball season, WF will drop from 2nd to 30th. Stanford will stay at number one after they win the UNO and Candy Land winter indoor national championships.

Barbara Walker has done a really great job.
    Runs with deer.

Here are the ACC standings, with national rank included:

2 Wake Forest
    5 North Carolina State
    6 North Carolina
    7 Duke
    8 Virginia
    10 Notre Dame
    14 Florida State
    23 Virginia Tech
    42 Syracuse
    48 Louisville
    51 GT
    100 BC
    100 Clemson
    Not ranked Miami
    Not ranked Pitt

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosDeac View Post
    There is no doubt that this is great news for WF. Everyone should take pride in WF doing well. Wellman even deserves a lot of praise for this as well. Quite a few WF sports are playing extremely well right now and he made some good hiring decisions. And he's getting some beautiful buildings put up to help out every team, especially fball and bball.

With that, this in no way excuses him for what he's done to the basketball program. I like WF being good at a lot of sports but they've got win in the marquee ones too or it doesn't matter that much to most fans. I am still off the mind that Wellman's mismanagement of basketball outweighs the good performances of the other sports.

This news pretty much ensures he stays as long as he wants. Let's just hope he either hands off some responsibility in the likely bball coach search or exercises solid reasoning to make a good hire this time.
    I'm pretty sure he hands off a lot of the responsibility for the coaching searches in the non-revenue sports to the associate ADs overseeing those sports, but maybe that was an old practice.
    Runs with deer.

Miserable

Fucking

Fanbase

Quote Originally Posted by RChildress107 View Post
    This is objectively great news. Ron Wellman is an objectively awful AD. Itís not complicated.
    I am sure those who make the decisions will see it that way.