Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 73

Thread: 2nd place in Director's Cup

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    The final fall standings have been released and Wake finished the fall #1 in the ACC and #6 in the country. In 2015 Wake finished the fall #110 in the country, in 2017 we were #32, and in 2018 we were #17.
    Don't worry after basketball season we will be back around #110.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by deacdixieboy View Post
    Weird. Overall I feel like every sport performed a little worse than last year with the exception of Wonen’s Soccer
    In addition to women's soccer, we also received more points than the previous year in men's cross country, women's cross country, and field hockey.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by netflixnchildres View Post
    Don't worry after basketball season we will be back around #110.
    Not even close. If we received no more points the rest of the entire year we would finish around #70. We have the potential to score points in men's and women's tennis, men's and women's golf, baseball, and track and field.

  4. #44
    Robert O'Kelley
    ChaosDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mt. Terror, WA
    Posts
    7,335
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    Not even close. If we received no more points the rest of the entire year we would finish around #70. We have the potential to score points in men's and women's tennis, men's and women's golf, baseball, and track and field.
    It was a joke and purposeful exaggeration for effect.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosDeac View Post
    It was a joke and purposeful exaggeration for effect.
    I know.

  6. #46
    Fuck you, Ron.

    Cunt.

  7. #47
    The Pumpfaker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafi View Post
    In addition to women's soccer, we also received more points than the previous year in men's cross country, women's cross country, and field hockey.
    Completely forgot about field hockey. Good call.

  8. #48
    Pretty astonishing to think that we've currently got the sixth best-performing athletic department in the country. No LOWF there.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    Pretty astonishing to think that we've currently got the sixth best-performing athletic department in the country. No LOWF there.
    Yay field hockey. Long live the emperor.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by knowell View Post
    Yay field hockey. Long live the emperor.
    If you only want to care about the accomplishments of the football and basketball teams, that's cool. But it's pretty great that wake does other things very well too. Some of these better than just about every other school in the country. Makes me proud to be a Deac.

  11. #51
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    63,848

    2nd place in Director's Cup

    Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    If you only want to care about the accomplishments of the football and basketball teams, that's cool. But it's pretty great that wake does other things very well too. Some of these better than just about every other school in the country. Makes me proud to be a Deac.
    +1

    You can still be pissed off about a floundering basketball program while being proud of successful programs. Wake Forest can be a winner. That’s a good thing. Seems to me that it makes the basketball job more appealing if pitched the right candidate in the right way.

  12. #52
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    100,563
    No reason an overall successful athletic program has two horrible hoops programs. Makes no sense.

  13. #53
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    63,848
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    No reason an overall successful athletic program has two horrible hoops programs. Makes no sense.
    Why not? Its a different person running that program. Two bad hires were made for the same job. That’s definitely possible. A university can be successful and have a shitty English department.

  14. #54
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    100,563
    Can but shouldn’t.

  15. #55
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    63,848
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Can but shouldn’t.
    Is anyone suggesting we shouldn’t be better at basketball?

  16. #56
    The Pumpfaker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Providence, RI
    Posts
    2,769
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    +1

    You can still be pissed off about a floundering basketball program while being proud of successful programs. Wake Forest can be a winner. That’s a good thing. Seems to me that it makes the basketball job more appealing if pitched the right candidate in the right way.
    This is a great point. I, along with Deacfreak and wakephan, care about the success of all our programs. No one but the regulars are posting on our thread about our preseason ranked Baseball team, a program which has much more historical success than our b-ball program. The success of these other programs is great and should make the b-ball job more attractive. If we can be successful in sports where partial scholarships still have recruits paying 25k a year then bring on a b-ball coach that understands we can win in everything. Also, follow our other sports everyone! They are fun to watch and we are good (well except for volleyball per usual).

  17. #57
    Volleyball was fun and sort of good 20 years ago before we had our coach poached and when we had Trina Maso de Moya, one of Wake's greatest ever athletes.
    Runs with deer.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Volleyball was fun and sort of good 20 years ago before we had our coach poached and when we had Trina Maso de Moya, one of Wake's greatest ever athletes.
    It's a super fun sport to watch. It's too bad our teams have struggled so much. The current coach (Ferguson) has a good track record - hopefully he can turns things around now that they have their own dedicated gym.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by wakephan09 View Post
    If you only want to care about the accomplishments of the football and basketball teams, that's cool. But it's pretty great that wake does other things very well too. Some of these better than just about every other school in the country. Makes me proud to be a Deac.
    Agreed.

    One of the strangest things on this board is the animosity towards all the Wake athletic teams. I get being upset with the men's basketball situation, but look at the tags in the current threads about the football, tennis, baseball, and soccer teams. I don't often look at the tags because I read on my phone, but when I do see them, man are they weird. Maybe it's all just coming from one person? It's like looking at the comments in a youtube video...

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    +1

    You can still be pissed off about a floundering basketball program while being proud of successful programs. Wake Forest can be a winner. That’s a good thing. Seems to me that it makes the basketball job more appealing if pitched the right candidate in the right way.
    Clawson touches on this often on the Dave Clawson show. He consistently says that having successful programs across the board helps with football recruiting.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •