• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Day 693: What the fuck just happened today?

I'm all for making the House bigger. It certainly wasn't intended to have one person serve ~700,000 people each. It would help with gerrymandering and perhaps partisanship as well.

Disagree. Rule of law still applies, though for how much longer I don't know. We elect the prez via the EC, and Trump won the EC. So as a country and society, yes, we deserve the prez we elected.

Fuck that, I don’t deserve any of this. I campaigned for and donated money to the opposition and told anyone who’d listen what a disaster this president would be. Even more so, my kids don’t deserve any of this. They especially don’t deserve a climate change denying moron as those president that will drive up national debt and wreak havoc on the environment. This presidency is so much more awful than Russian meddling and light treason by the President. There will be decades long consequences of this shit show and my kids deserve better.

Ok, rant over. Some frustrations occurred this week. I’m a bit fed up.

Fuck that, I don’t deserve any of this. I campaigned for and donated money to the opposition and told anyone who’d listen what a disaster this president would be. Even more so, my kids don’t deserve any of this. They especially don’t deserve a climate change denying moron as those president that will drive up national debt and wreak havoc on the environment. This presidency is so much more awful than Russian meddling and light treason by the President. There will be decades long consequences of this shit show and my kids deserve better.

Ok, rant over. Some frustrations occurred this week. I’m a bit fed up.

My point is that, as a collective we, we elected this current administration. And I was getting irritated for a while at folks who would say he's not my president. Kinda like right wing folks were saying Obama wasn't their president. As a lawyer, it grates on me to hear people on the way left or right say the law doesn't apply to them. And I am concerned we could become a Turkey or Hungary. Revolutions these days mostly don't occur violently, but rather by autocratic administrations that are at first democratically elected but who then manipulate the legal system and law enforcement to create an autocracy. Unfortunately, much of the world is currently trending in that direction, and I don't think western democracies like the US, UK and France are necessarily immune from that kind of thing happening.

Of course he’s our president. Nobody here is saying otherwise.

Who “deserves” his sorry excuse for a human being in that office is an entirely different consideration. And debatable.

My point is that, as a collective we, we elected this current administration. And I was getting irritated for a while at folks who would say he's not my president. Kinda like right wing folks were saying Obama wasn't their president. As a lawyer, it grates on me to hear people on the way left or right say the law doesn't apply to them. And I am concerned we could become a Turkey or Hungary. Revolutions these days mostly don't occur violently, but rather by autocratic administrations that are at first democratically elected but who then manipulate the legal system and law enforcement to create an autocracy. Unfortunately, much of the world is currently trending in that direction, and I don't think western democracies like the US, UK and France are necessarily immune from that kind of thing happening.

The slide into authoritarianism is happening and it’s because the GOP cares more about gay marriage than they do about the country ‘as a collective’. I don’t own that and I don’t deserve it.

The slide into authoritarianism is happening and it’s because the GOP cares more about gay marriage than they do about the country ‘as a collective’. I don’t own that and I don’t deserve it.

Only mentioning gay marriage is an over simplification. The GOP cares more about their cult which exists to preserve power for people like them. Their worth is tied to recreating an America where they can persecute those who are different than themselves. They are really just a bunch of weak people who lack a healthy source of self worth.

Only mentioning gay marriage is an over simplification. The GOP cares more about their cult which exists to preserve power for people like them. Their worth is tied to recreating an America where they can persecute those who are different than themselves. They are really just a bunch of weak people who lack a healthy source of self worth.

Of course it’s a simplification. They also care about abortion and owning the lib lubes more than they care about the country ‘as a collective’.

Corrupting the Department of Justice, the intelligence services, and the courts to spy on and try to obtain compromising information on your political opponents would definitely qualify.

As would enticing friendly foreign intelligence organizations unwittingly to become involved in your lawlessness in order to facilitate the cover-up because they would surely object to the bad publicity, if any of this was exposed.

2f084b7531e5884f4fa74b7e8a92feed.jpg

Did you even think that was funny when you wrote it or are you just resigned to that being your shtick now?

As would using the IRS to try to spy on and to try to get compromising information on your political opponents.

If you are trying to say/imply Obama did this, the GOP inquiries not only disproved this lie, but they showed that the policy was created and implemented by career IRS people who self-identified as conservatives. Further, the ONLY entity that was stopped was a liberal one.

As usual, you are either ignorant of the facts or simply don't care about them.

Corrupting the Department of Justice, the intelligence services, and the courts to spy on and try to obtain compromising information on your political opponents would definitely qualify.

Or maybe they’re investigating corrupt politicians.

Back