• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Davidson Wildcats -- 7pm ESPNU Tonight

Is Nestor starting to have an impact? Better play tonight especially coming off exams.

Take the second half and double it and Davidson would've won 78-68. The big first half for Wake was due to starting 7-10 from 3. Wake went 0-5 from 3 after that. Davidson out rebounded Wake, not Duke.. Davidson. I don't get where everyone sees some major improvement. Hoard got 8 points in the first 5 minutes, Manning took him out, and he got 8 over the next 35 minutes. Chaundee hit two 3's, Manning took him out, and he didn't hit another 3 after that. Davidson missed a lot of 3's that they would normally make, they were 29% from 3 tonight but are averaging 36% from 3 on the year. We have a talented team, but they are poorly coached. The second half is always a hold your breath and hope Wake Forest holds on to a lead. These are not good signs.

Come the fuck on. You know that’s not how it works. If you take the first half and double it Wake wins 66-48 :rolleyes:

Take the second half and double it and Davidson would've won 78-68. The big first half for Wake was due to starting 7-10 from 3. Wake went 0-5 from 3 after that. Davidson out rebounded Wake, not Duke.. Davidson. I don't get where everyone sees some major improvement. Hoard got 8 points in the first 5 minutes, Manning took him out, and he got 8 over the next 35 minutes. Chaundee hit two 3's, Manning took him out, and he didn't hit another 3 after that. Davidson missed a lot of 3's that they would normally make, they were 29% from 3 tonight but are averaging 36% from 3 on the year. We have a talented team, but they are poorly coached. The second half is always a hold your breath and hope Wake Forest holds on to a lead. These are not good signs.

Our program sucks but this is the equivalent of the ‘we won the 2nd half’ posts that people make. Let’s just take a win when we can get em. Doesn’t mean manning is any better at his job.

It appeared to me that Nestor was much more involved tonight than in previous games. He was up talking with players and directing them, particularly in the first half when we were on defense in front of our bench. Best defensive effort of the year IMHO.

Deacons played hard from start to finish. Effort level stayed high defensively. I thought this was one of the best games the Deacs have played under Manning on the defensive end.

I also thought Danny’s decision not to send help into the post against Brajkovic was smart. He got his points, but Wake took the three away, which is always Davidson’s most dangerous weapon.

Offensively, Hoard needs to get touches in either the high or low post on almost every possession.

Did you watch the 2nd half or are you just making it up as you go?

WF led by 10 with 1:13 left in the game for the competitive portion of the 2nd half. At that point WF had outscored Davidson by 5 in the 2nd half and held them to 29 points in 19 second half minutes. So, WF stopped trying mto score and just ran clock. Davidson in desperation mode made a banked 3 pointer and scored 10 points in the last minute while WF missed FTs, including Childress after he was hurt. Doubling the 2nd half score after WF gave up points in garbage time is weak.

Much better defense & we did a very good job taking away the 3. We did a good job of making sure their best 3 point shooters did not beat us.

Per netflixnchildres.

The big first half for Wake was due to starting 7-10 from 3. Hoard got 8 points in the first 5 minutes. Chaundee hit two threes.
Davidson missed a lot of 3's that they would normally make, they were 29% from 3 tonight but are averaging 36% from 3 on the year. We have a talented team.

netflixnchildres, even you saw some positives. Enjoy the win. They have been too few and too far between. Personally, I hope the players decide to win despite DM and give us some moments of pleasure during the course of the season. Happy Holidays.

Last edited:
Deacons played hard from start to finish. Effort level stayed high defensively. I thought this was one of the best games the Deacs have played under Manning on the defensive end.

I also thought Danny’s decision not to send help into the post against Brajkovic was smart. He got his points, but Wake took the three away, which is always Davidson’s most dangerous weapon.

Offensively, Hoard needs to get touches in either the high or low post on almost every possession.

Solid take on the game tonight. I thought this was our best defensive performance against a team that is really dangerous from 3. Davidson missed a lot of shots but Wake made them earn their points. The Tennessee game will show haw fat we are away from truly competing on a national level, but this win should make Wake fans feel a little better before ACC play starts.

Nice win.

Defense better.

Davidson missing its best player makes it tough to get too excited.

Mucius is wildly inconsistent (as are many of our players).

Brown playing well (and more aggressively) has been good to see.

Enjoyable to watch... Glad we won. Saturday should be interesting. You’d still have to expect us to get spanked.

I am happy to report that Davidson -2 is on the board at my book.

While this board is often a contrarian indicator for wagering purposes, I will be taking Davidson and laying the 2.

I fear I won't get many better opportunities to wager against the Deacs this year... At some point, people will catch on.

You’re welcome, everyone.

This board is amazingly bad at predicting things (and I’m not immune).

Everyone agrees Probably 15 point dog to Tennessee and will lose be 24

I have been very critical of the defense in Manning's tenure. The last 2 games have been better than anything in the past 4 1/2 years.

Hope it is here to stay. Wake will be competitive if they play defense. Not sure what created the change midway through the 5th year, but this level of defense is necessary to have a chance.

Better late than never?

I have been very critical of the defense in Manning's tenure. The last 2 games have been better than anything in the past 4 1/2 years.

Hope it is here to stay. Wake will be competitive if they play defense. Not sure what created the change midway through the 5th year, but this level of defense is necessary to have a chance.

Better late than never?

Those damn Deacs pulling you back in. Be careful.

It really is good to see us playing better team defense.

Wright and Mucius were both silent tonight but we got solid production from Johnson, Sarr and Smart, along with the big 3 of Hoard, Childress, Brown.

Two things I learned from tonight's game:

#1. Ernie Nestor has been inserted as the adult-in-charge and Wake looks somewhat better on defense.
#2. The Gotham Steel pots and pans are a breakthrough idea and I will order some.

Attendance was horrible for a game against Davidson. It seems that lots of WF fans have had more of Manning than they can take. I wouldn’t have gone but I paid $850 for a season ticket and parking pass. Good to win but Davidson played into our hands with a soft zone in the first half and isn’t athletic at all. Maybe we will reach 10 wins this year after all.

Two things I learned from tonight's game:

#1. Ernie Nestor has been inserted as the adult-in-charge and Wake looks somewhat better on defense.
#2. The Gotham Steel pots and pans are a breakthrough idea and I will order some.

Wait, what? I didn't watch the game (after all these years...right now, I could give a shit), but I'm always interested in some innovative crockery. Link?

Wait, what? I didn't watch the game (after all these years...right now, I could give a shit), but I'm always interested in some innovative crockery. Link?

Looks pretty solid. Cooked with eggs, cheeses and the like and NO sticking! It took me 10 years of absolutely shitty basketball to realize there truly is superior cookware!!!!

As "seen on TV"!

https://www.gothamsteel.com/

Last edited:
Back