• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Davidson Wildcats -- 7pm ESPNU Tonight

And I love how my terrible take that is bothering people on this thread is that Danny Manning is still a bad coach, and it showed in the game yesterday. I've been debating if I still want to be a Wake Forest Basketball fan, and this fanbase makes it easier for me to walk away and say fuck 'em. I adopted Wake as my primary team after going to grad school, there are better teams with less annoying fans. Probably should take my basketball knowledge and AAU connections to a fanbase that doesn't attack people who point out things they don't agree with.

I’ve tried that with UF. It’s worse.

And I love how my terrible take that is bothering people on this thread is that Danny Manning is still a bad coach, and it showed in the game yesterday. I've been debating if I still want to be a Wake Forest Basketball fan, and this fanbase makes it easier for me to walk away and say fuck 'em. I adopted Wake as my primary team after going to grad school, there are better teams with less annoying fans. Probably should take my basketball knowledge and AAU connections to a fanbase that doesn't attack people who point out things they don't agree with.
SPOT ON

OH SHIT AAU CONNECTIONS

OH SHIT AAU CONNECTIONS

At least I can get some insider information. I can count on 2 hands how many other people are adding some. I also talk to Bauman, Sarr, and Chaundee whenever I see them. Used to drink with Mitchell and Dinos while they were here. I'm sure the majority of posters on here can add more to the conversation though since they are so connected to the program and in close proximity to Winston. Not talking to you specifically, but generally the same people who consistently hate on me on these boards don't really seem to know it all, but hey they feel entitled to aggressively attack my posts even though I don't enter threads and individually attack posters on here. In one year though I've already grown tired of the same bullshit by a few people who think they know it all and feel entitled to attack other posters first for them voicing their opinions.

At least I can get some insider information. I can count on 2 hands how many other people are adding some. I also talk to Bauman, Sarr, and Chaundee whenever I see them. Used to drink with Mitchell and Dinos while they were here. I'm sure the majority of posters on here can add more to the conversation though since they are so connected to the program and in close proximity to Winston. Not talking to you specifically, but generally the same people who consistently hate on me on these boards don't really seem to know it all, but hey they feel entitled to aggressively attack my posts even though I don't enter threads and individually attack posters on here. In one year though I've already grown tired of the same bullshit by a few people who think they know it all and feel entitled to attack other posters first for them voicing their opinions.

Try to ignore them. Not everyone agrees with them. Responding to the crap is what they want.

Just glanced through all your recent posts. Looks like you've added nothing to the conversation for the past few months in every single Wake Forest Sports post you've made. You're a great value to these boards.
You must not have read the nine posts in a row where I brilliantly and spontaneously came up with a series of sibilant sports positions.

We won that game despite Manning, not because of him. Plus their best player didn't even dress. That said it was a step forward for the players who are trying real hard to get better as a tem.

I didn't keep up with the thread since I was at the Panthers game, but I saw people talk about the "duplicate the second half" statement and that's likely because it's the same but opposite of the "duplicate the first half and we would've won" statements made about Bz. The rest of your posts were good info though.

Don't take people too seriously. I did for a few months and it wasn't fun at all.

Every fanbase is annoying, especially when the team is a dumpster fire.

We won that game despite Manning, not because of him. Plus their best player didn't even dress. That said it was a step forward for the players who are trying real hard to get better as a tem.

I don't disagree with this entirely, but the past 2 games have seen adequate defense. Not UVA defense, but a defense that was competent and one that allows you a chance to win.

We have not seen that in the first 4 1/2 years of Manning.

Gotta give props when deserved. It seems impossible that Danny had an epiphany after 4 1/2 years but who knows.

Last edited:

Try stopping by the Tunnels. That is where you see the true tolerance and open mindedness that Wake is known for.

We won the game because we had better athletes and they (1) hit some shots (we shot 47% from 3, they shot 29%) and (2) mad some timely one-on-one plays to bail us out of late shot clock possessions. The Davidson game was a great example of how bad we are coached - Davidson had ball movement, solid screens and hard cuts to the basket. A Davison score was normally off a pass and at the most one dribble, compared to our spread offense where everyone stays in basically one spot and we pass the ball around the perimeter until someone decides to take a guy one-on-one and dribble through the D. Last night, we had better dudes and they made shots. The rest of the season, that will not be the case. DM and the rest of that staff have to go.

There's understandable hesitancy to give the basketball team, and particularly the coaching staff, any credit because:

- The program has been so disappointing for so long
- The fear that doing so could be used as momentum to keep Manning

Totally get and agree with that sentiment. Even so, how about letting the season play out (there is not going to be a mid-season coaching change)? When the rare good moment happens, appreciate it; give credit where it is due. When the inevitable disastrous/stupid/embarrassing result occurs, continue to slam the program and agitate for change.

We all have battered wife syndrome at this point. It's hard, but try to stay objective.

Try stopping by the Tunnels. That is where you see the true tolerance and open mindedness that Wake is known for.

Same tolerance and open mindedness shown to people who were #BuzzIn.

Lol, such a martyr. Sucking up to athletes doesn’t prevent one from being an idiot and while true inside information is always welcome, it doesn’t make you immune to getting shit on for stupid takes.

Stay if you want, but don’t expect anyone to go into mourning if you return to whichever mediocre state school fan base you came from.

Gotta give props when deserved. It seems impossible that Danny had an epiphany after 4 1/2 years but who knows.

It seems far more likely that Nestor is more involved in "coaching" than his title would imply.

It seems far more likely that Nestor is more involved in "coaching" than his title would imply.

If you watch him on the sidelines, he's definitely coaching here and there. From my perspective, the past two games have shown a very different WF team that we've seen in 4 1/2 years. More cohesive on defense and more organized on offense. Nestor's impact has been undeniable.

It's funny how this trumptard always talks about keeping politics off this board but always makes a comment about the tunnels being racist or close-minded. I agree that we should keep politics off the sports board. And the way to do that is by not making passive aggressive snipes at people you disagree with.

Back