• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report -- Davidson Wildcats -- 7pm ESPNU Tonight

Sure glad that Davidson's best player wasn't available tonight.

We'll take it. :thumbsup:

Wake playing defense. Only 59.5 pts a game given up last two. Now Manning needs to get them to hold Vols under 60. Saturday they “Wake the Nation”. :dancindeac::dancindeac::dancindeac:

It was a win. Childress, Brown, Hoard and Johnson were solid. Smart and Sarr combined for 12 and nine. There was effort on defense even if it was inconsistent. This was the fifth time the Deacs have kept an opponent under 70 points. They are 5-0 in those games. Simple, direct correlation for a team trying to learn how to win.

Davidson won the 2nd half. Wake's talent won out, but this game was yet another example of Manning as a shitty head coach even with the win. Horrible substitutions, bad play after timeouts, gave up 39 in the 2nd half so the defense in the 1st half was a mirage. All this and Davidson's NBA-level player didn't even play. Its frustrating knowing the Wellman shills will use this as a quality win. I'm happy we won but it was more evidence that our head coach sucks, yet he is still here.

Somewhere back in the memory banks is a phrase "defense wins, offense puts people in the seats." Perhaps it need to be revised. Defense wins. Wins put people in the seats.

Davidson won the 2nd half. Wake's talent won out, but this game was yet another example of Manning as a shitty head coach even with the win. Horrible substitutions, bad play after timeouts, gave up 39 in the 2nd half so the defense in the 1st half was a mirage. All this and Davidson's NBA-level player didn't even play. Its frustrating knowing the Wellman shills will use this as a quality win. I'm happy we won but it was more evidence that our head coach sucks, yet he is still here.

There are no Wellman or Manning shills. Nobody is happy with the state of the program currently. I enjoyed seeing a win and consistent effort throughout though. Would like to see Hoard be more assertive. He’s such an all-around talent.

Come on man, give credit where it is due. There was a decided improvement on defense and the offense was more organized and purposeful. The team made good use of the break. It is still going to be ugly in conference and we will be destroyed on Saturday. But there was improvement tonight.

There are no Wellman or Manning shills. Nobody is happy with the state of the program currently. I enjoyed seeing a win and consistent effort throughout though. Would like to see Hoard be more assertive. He’s such an all-around talent.

Maybe Hoard will play a whole game like he did the first few minutes this evening. He has the talent. The "want to" seems to go away too often.

Maybe Hoard will play a whole game like he did the first few minutes this evening. He has the talent. The "want to" seems to go away too often.

I think it’s less “want to” and more of the mentality that was instilled in him growing up in the Euro ranks. I think/hope he will continue to adapt into more of an alpha.

Lame post. Manning has been a huge disappointment and everyone is bummed about the state of the program, but except for Warak no one gave WF a chance tonight with or without Grady. WF played good D and the team was smart enough to get the ball to Hoard when it got tight. WF sucks, but sucks less than most here think.

We have no one with the elite ability to penetrate and drive to the basket and either dunk or dish.

Also, there is a good article on why Melo is not relevant any more. It basically says the mid range jumper no longer statistically makes sense. It is all about the three or easy shot near the rim. We seem to seek the mid range jumper.

Mucius was pretty invisible tonight... B Chill just forces things too often, when he relaxes and lets the game come to him he is much better. Hoard has a ton of talent, clearly - just needs to get stronger and more consistent. Sarr has a pretty little jumper - just no game close to the basket and no ability to hold his ground.

I'll take the win, for sure. Saw some effort on D, but we're still not a good defensive team - Davidson simply missed a lot of shots.

Take the second half and double it and Davidson would've won 78-68. The big first half for Wake was due to starting 7-10 from 3. Wake went 0-5 from 3 after that. Davidson out rebounded Wake, not Duke.. Davidson. I don't get where everyone sees some major improvement. Hoard got 8 points in the first 5 minutes, Manning took him out, and he got 8 over the next 35 minutes. Chaundee hit two 3's, Manning took him out, and he didn't hit another 3 after that. Davidson missed a lot of 3's that they would normally make, they were 29% from 3 tonight but are averaging 36% from 3 on the year. We have a talented team, but they are poorly coached. The second half is always a hold your breath and hope Wake Forest holds on to a lead. These are not good signs.

Back