• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore playing pretty well in the GLeague

He probably got tired of dumpster fire seasons.

there are plenty of reasons why moore would have benefited from coming back for his senior year, but none of them are related to the success of his professional basketball career.

this is gold jerry!

I realize that was a dumb and obvious statement, but I hate all of the black and white around here sometimes. Everything gets swept into an agenda. I was just trying to acknowledge that we are all dealing with incomplete information.

From my perspective, Doral should have stayed another year, graduated, and taken advantage of another season of very good production to have more options. It's one thing to leave early and get paid, but that isn't happening in the G-League.

The biggest reason I thought he was making a mistake was his quote from before the NBA Draft where he said he expected to go late first, early second round. That was clearly not going to happen. Nobody else believed that. So I felt like he was getting bad information, and that was disappointing.

I was today years old when I found out that people still think getting paid to do something and being happy is worse than doing it for free and being miserable.

I was yesterday years old when I learned anybody thinks G-League players travel between NBA city suburbs and other nearby cities on a bus.

I was yesterday years old when I learned anybody thinks G-League players travel between NBA city suburbs and other nearby cities on a bus.

You live and learn. Just search "G League Bus" and you'll find all kinds of crazy stories. Here's one from last year https://theundefeated.com/features/...-to-break-through-with-golden-state-warriors/ :

"G League teams occasionally go on long bus rides, like when Jones and Santa Cruz drove to Reno, Nevada, last season while it was snowing.

“We were going up to [Reno] towards the Nevada border and it was snowing, crazy traffic,” Jones said. “We had to stop to get snow chains for the bus and put them on. Once we got to a certain point, traffic was crazy. A five-hour drive ended up being nine or 10 hours. That one sucked, but for the most part [the bus rides] haven’t been too crazy.”

I realize that was a dumb and obvious statement, but I hate all of the black and white around here sometimes. Everything gets swept into an agenda. I was just trying to acknowledge that we are all dealing with incomplete information.

From my perspective, Doral should have stayed another year, graduated, and taken advantage of another season of very good production to have more options. It's one thing to leave early and get paid, but that isn't happening in the G-League.

The biggest reason I thought he was making a mistake was his quote from before the NBA Draft where he said he expected to go late first, early second round. That was clearly not going to happen. Nobody else believed that. So I felt like he was getting bad information, and that was disappointing.

Is this black or white?

Is this black or white?

tenor.gif

"It's black, it's white
It's tough for them to get by.
Yeah, yeah, yeah"

He listened to RJ.

It is black and white that Doral got awful information that he'd be a low 1st Round pick and at worst a mid-second round pick. That was terrible info and worst of all it flew in the common knowledge of experts.

Playing in the G-League and on a good team in Israel appear to be a lot more fulfilling to both of these guys than playing another year for Danny Manning. It’s almost certainly better for NBA/professional basketball exposure, too, which is kind of sad.

Last edited:
Memphis is imploding so could happen relatively soon if they blow up the team

reminder that with less than 5 minutes to play and the outcome still in a tiny bit of doubt in the last game of his college career, his coach decided to put Doral Moore on the bench in favor of a freshman walk-on

good for Doral for working hard and following his dreams

Had 15 and 17 last night in 22 minutes.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/doral-moore-notches-double-double-in-win/

Interesting that it’s a RotoWire writeup.

I am surprised he is playing that well in the G-League - I really thought he could have used another year to physically mature and learn a few more tricks to compete against older and more experienced players.

When he actually entered the draft, I was shocked, as we all knew he had virtually no chance of getting drafted. Nonetheless, I hope it works out for him and he gets to spend considerable time on an NBA roster.

I am surprised he is playing that well in the G-League - I really thought he could have used another year to physically mature and learn a few more tricks to compete against older and more experienced players.

When he actually entered the draft, I was shocked, as we all knew he had virtually no chance of getting drafted. Nonetheless, I hope it works out for him and he gets to spend considerable time on an NBA roster.

Getting away from the great big man coach works wonders.

Back