• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Doral Moore playing pretty well in the GLeague

It makes a lot of sense. It's very, very, very rare that anyone gets more than the minimum in a call up from the G-League.

I wonder how many players since the 80s who had back-to-back double/double years in the ACC didn't get drafted in the first round.

Second rounders can also get a guaranteed contract.

Luke Maye could meet the criteria.

If you look at the numbers, for anyone to have reached back-to-back years, they would have had to grossly outperform their entire season numbers.

I said "I wonder".

BTW, Teachey was drafted by the Mavs...and his Wake stats show he played in every ACC game not just the seven you mentioned...

Teachey was drafted in the second round and never played a regular season NBA game

I'm aware that he played every ACC game - I just don't see any stats for 8 of those games. The one website I know of that has old box scores only happens to have 7 from that year. Perhaps you have the stat sheets or some newspaper clippings

Or, perhaps you might agree that since the site that you yourself referenced here shows full season stats and not conference only, Pilchard's interpretation (that you were referring to full-season stats) was reasonable

No, I don't. He has had a history of "interpreting" what I post to fit his needs. He intentionally dismissed the MOST important factor - back-to-back years. By doing that alone, he showed his dishonesty like he has done over and over recently.

I fully understand the "RJ is wrong" vs. "Pilch is always right" meme here. But Pilch is patently false again.

BTW, PLEASE reread what I posted. I said "I wonder how many". I didn't say "none". Clearly, that was intentional.

In 2016, Devin Thomas averaged a double/double in ACC games as a senior 253 points and 174 rebounds in 17 ACC games.

In 2015, as a junior, 12 ppg and 8.8 rpg in all games. As a junior, Doral Moore averaged 11.1 and 9.4 rebounds per game in all games.

Devin Thomas didn't come close to getting drafted. Reasonable to expect that Moore would've had similar numbers to Thomas as a senior (15.6 ppg and 10.2 rpg).

RJ is such a clown. "Patently false"? Moore didn't average a double double last year. He came close, but he averaged 9.4 rpg; I'm fine with rounding it up to 10, or limiting it to ACC games, but it's difficult to accumulate stats on a conference game only basis, and on average the numbers are typically reasonably close.

What is getting lost in the minutiae is that an ACC player averaging a double/double does not guarantee getting drafted, which was your flawed premise.

Last edited:
I think Moore would have done a lot better than 15 and 10 this year personally. Hopefully he gets a call up this year.

In 2016, Devin Thomas averaged a double/double in ACC games as a senior 253 points and 174 rebounds in 17 ACC games.

In 2015, as a junior, 12 ppg and 8.8 rpg in all games. As a junior, Doral Moore averaged 11.1 and 9.4 rebounds per game in all games.

Devin Thomas didn't come close to getting drafted. Reasonable to expect that Moore would've had similar numbers to Thomas as a senior (15.6 ppg and 10.2 rpg).

AGAIN, you REFUSE to use the MOST important part -back-to-back double/doubles...not close ACTUAL...

Once again, you are proven wrong and can't admit it.

Further, I didn't say NO ONE had...I said I wonder how many....

In case you need audio or visual aids:

I think Moore would have done a lot better than 15 and 10 this year personally. Hopefully he gets a call up this year.

As a point of reference, no one in the ACC is averaging more than 10 rpg this year, and the highest scoring player in the league with no game beyond the 3 point line is Elijah Thomas of Clemson at 13.6 ppg. Thomas had somewhat comparable numbers to Moore last year 10.7 ppg and 8.1 rpg.

even Stevie Wonder can see that if Devin Thomas had grabbed a few more boards as a junior to average a double-double two straight years in the ACC, he would have been a first round pick!

I would have looked for something like 16 and 13 from Moore this year which is a significant uptick in boards. He would have had a great stat year.

even Stevie Wonder can see that if Devin Thomas had grabbed a few more boards as a junior to average a double-double two straight years in the ACC, he would have been a first round pick!

but he didn't...If I grew to 6'10, had a 44" vert, blocked 3 spg, and shot 48% on NBA threes, I'd be in the HOF...

But thanks again for proving what I said, you can't say he was wrong and that is dishonest to change criteria.

but he didn't...If I grew to 6'10, had a 44" vert, blocked 3 spg, and shot 48% on NBA threes, I'd be in the HOF...

But thanks again for proving what I said, you can't say he was wrong and that is dishonest to change criteria.

RJ, I am with you. Those 17 or so rebounds are absolutely, 100% the difference between a first-round draft selection and an anonymous short career in Europe!

I didn't say that either...Devin is a tweener in the NBA...Doral isn't.

Bonzie Colson might have qualified, but his injury was a major factor in not getting drafted.

I didn't say that either...Devin is a tweener in the NBA...Doral isn't.

Bonzie Colson might have qualified, but his injury was a major factor in not getting drafted.

Bonzie Colson was never going to be a contributor in the NBA...what position was he gonna play? 2 guard?

Given Wrangor’s stance on Moore, I wondered if he was joking with those supportive posts. That 16 and 13 nonsense make it clear he was.

Lol, RJ is just awful. Moore's skillset is just not what teams are looking for in the first round, no matter the depth of bigs in the draft. It's like you've forgotten everything about last year. The majority of his points were from alley oops and 2nd chance garbage points. He could have put up similar numbers to Devin's senior year this season and he's not even sniffing a team using a first rounder on him.

The "Doral could've done X and boosted his stock this year!" argument is immediately invalid as he would've been hamstrung by a completely inept coaching staff.

Back