• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great John Collins Article

Yeah I don't know why people would compare a .250 ACC coach to another .250 ACC coach? Watching our favorite Manning apologist being intent to die on this he was better than [Redacted]!!1111!!!sword As we watch his all-time ACC winning percentage slip below [Redacted] this year is certainly amusing.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't know why people would compare a .250 ACC coach to another .250 ACC coach? Watching our favorite Manning apologist being intent to die on this he was better than [Redacted]!!1111!!!sword As we watch his all-time ACC winning percentage slip below [Redacted] this year is certainly amusing.

And we are back to square 1. All losses and all teams are created equally! UNCG is better than VT!

> 0% is all that matters. Most were never comfortable entering that space and having the debate though.

LOL. A considerable portion of “>0%” is closer to 0 than 20. And you need to show your math and explain why > 0% chance of being as good as Dino is an acceptable standard for this program.

LOL. A considerable portion of “>0%” is closer to 0 than 20. And you need to show your math and explain why > 0% chance of being as good as Dino is an acceptable standard for this program.

10%, 20%, 40%, who cares. Pick a number. I’m not the one insisting on certainty or precision.

Early on there was a not insignificant chance that Manning would get the program back to where [Redacted] found it. And of course a middling chance of returning the program to middling isn’t acceptable, I’m not sure why y’all keep insisting on creating these strawmen. Nothing about our basketball program has been acceptable this decade and there is one man ultimately responsible for that. Doing anything other than getting rid of him is just rearranging deck chairs.

Here's what it comes down to:

Some of us are good at translating the measurables and immeasurables that were observed in Seasons 1-3 into projections for the future.

Some of us aren't...and just don't know when to stop.

So you never answered, what are you going to do with all your free time?

Here's what it comes down to:

Some of us are good at translating the measurables and immeasurables that were observed in Seasons 1-3 into projections for the future.

Some of us aren't...and just don't know when to stop.

This is the bottom line. Those who understand the game could see Manning was just faking being a basketball coach.

Some of us (or at least one of us) has only one measurable that he cared about. If you had watched Wake basketball over the years, it was clear that Wake needs a coach that can give you an edge. Wake will never be a basketball factory that could try and get by on talent alone.

Some people see things sooner than others.
Nothing to get up set about, but it is crazy to say the ones that saw it correctly all along were somehow wrong because Rchill could not see it yet.

Oh look, it came up heads! You’re a prophet! Only an idiot would pick tails.
Your words, not mine. I was smart enough to observe that it was coming up heads over and over and wasn't really a 50/50 coin toss.

This is the bottom line. Those who understand the game could see Manning was just faking being a basketball coach.

Some of us (or at least one of us) has only one measurable that he cared about. If you had watched Wake basketball over the years, it was clear that Wake needs a coach that can give you an edge. Wake will never be a basketball factory that could try and get by on talent alone.

Some people see things sooner than others.
Nothing to get up set about, but it is crazy to say the ones that saw it correctly all along were somehow wrong because Rchill could not see it yet.

Bingo.

Back