• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great John Collins Article

Collins with 35pt 16rb in his last game. Dude went 13-20 from the field and 2-4 from 3. He's hella efficient.

Collins with 35pt 16rb in his last game. Dude went 13-20 from the field and 2-4 from 3. He's hella efficient.

Proof of this mans incredible talent is that he masked the innumerable short comings one of the worst coaches in D1 history.

This man may go down as the greatest of all time.

Yeah, Collins went 20PPG/9RPG on 60%FG /53% 3PT in January. That's silly.

He’s 21 years old. Not even 21.5. By comparison, Giannis averaged 16.9 and 7.7 at that age.

This is the bottom line. Those who understand the game could see Manning was just faking being a basketball coach.

Some of us (or at least one of us) has only one measurable that he cared about. If you had watched Wake basketball over the years, it was clear that Wake needs a coach that can give you an edge. Wake will never be a basketball factory that could try and get by on talent alone.

Some people see things sooner than others.
Nothing to get up set about, but it is crazy to say the ones that saw it correctly all along were somehow wrong because Rchill could not see it yet.

I saw everything you did. I commented routinely on Manning’s flaws as a coach. I also saw that none of those flaws, not even the combination of those flaws, destined Manning to fail at Wake. The fact that he did fail doesn’t mean that was the only realistic outcome.

So Collins had 35 and 16 on Saturday night. His third 30 point game in the last four weeks. He’s averaging 19.7/9.9 and shooting 58.6/37.

Proof of this mans incredible talent is that he masked the innumerable short comings one of the worst coaches in D1 history.

This man may go down as the greatest of all time.

Eh. Those shortcomings were still pretty apparent.

Once again y’all prove my point for me. Recruiting guys talented enough to compensate for his weaknesses as a coach was always Manning’s path towards getting Wake back to pre-[Redacted] levels.

Collins' face up game is developing very nicely.

Last edited:
This is such a weird argument. Manning is a terrible coach, he did one good thing at Wake, maybe two, the 2015 recruiting class and helping Collins develop. Who gives a shit when each poster here figured it out?

Seriously man, it's ok that you struggle to draw good conclusions from limited data. It's something I tend to be really good at. Not everyone can be good at everything. I'm pretty awful at plenty of things too. Own who you are.

Hell, I was right before Manning was even hired:
https://www.ogboards.com/forums/sho...anning-as-our-new-HC-How-excited-would-you-be

He’s just cherry picking your 50/50 coin flip statement which he’ll say is incorrect even though it was clearly intended as an analogy. Just a cheap pivot to change the subject and start a new dumb argument. The gist of your message was clear.

He’s just cherry picking your 50/50 coin flip statement which he’ll say is incorrect even though it was clearly intended as an analogy. Just a cheap pivot to change the subject and start a new dumb argument. The gist of your message was clear.

Some folks see a coin come up heads 10 times in a row, marvel at the probability, write it off as something that doesn't inform future flips and still assume that the next flip has even odds of coming up tails.

Some folks realize that the coin is probably rigged, and understand that it's more than likely going to come up heads on the next flip as well.

Some folks see a coin come up heads 2 times out of 3, marvel at the probability, write it off as something that doesn't inform future flips and still assume that the next flip has even odds of coming up tails.

Some folks realize that the coin is probably rigged, and understand that it's more than likely going to come up heads on the next flip as well.

FIFY.

And a good one at that. The logic is similarly flawed.

RChill bet his boards future on us earning an 8-seed or better in the NCAAT. Using the KenPom ratings as a guide, if a new and expanded NCAAT began today, we would be a 47 seed. Yet instead of having the grace or courage to admit that he might have been a tiny bit over-optimistic about Manning's prospects at Wake, RChill has adopted this sort of undepheated martyrdom.

It is always interesting when a semi-normal poster goes over the edge. 81deac was broken by [Redacted] and the Dino firing. BKF snapped over millennials (I guess). RChill has chosen to die on the Manning hill. There aren't many posters who would or have improved this board by their absence, but RChill has established himself firmly in that group. Pour one out for him on March 17.

Back