• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great John Collins Article

33 and 20 tonight. First hawk since 1993 to do that.
Trae Young with triple double also.

Kevin Willis. I spent some time looking up his stats last night after a graphic in the ESPN postgame. Willis had 23 20-20 games for his career. In that 91-92 season, he had two 30+ rebound games (20/33, 29/31). He had 35/25 and 32/25 the next season in 1993. Willis averaged 18.3 pts, 15.5 reb in his only all-star season.

23 and 10 with 1 min left on NBA TV.
He’s had 3 blocks in the last 2 min.

Five double doubles in his last six games. The other game was 34 and 8.

Averaging 24.5 and 12.3 over his last 6 games.

Last edited:
23 and 10 with 1 min left on NBA TV.
He’s had 3 blocks in the last 2 min.

Five double doubles in his last six games. The other game was 34 and 8.

Averaging 24.5 and 12.3 over his last 6 games.

Wow.
Interesting tidbit. When Jay Bilas interviewed Anthony Bills yesterday before the game, he asked who was the best player he's played with or against. Right away, he said John Collins.

Season stats now at 19.8 PPG and 9.8 RPG in fewer than 30 minutes per game (29.9)

Would be first player since 1960 to hit 20/10 in under 30 MPG, though still the first to hit 19.5/9.5 with those minutes restrictions:

http://bkref.com/tiny/X7uah

Statistical minutiae aside, incredibly efficient offensive season.

57/38/77 as well.

27 and 12 on 11-17 shooting in 25 (!!) minutes late in blowout win over the Grizzlies. How tho?

If Hawks get another piece in the draft this year, they are going to be a problem. As much as I was down on Young and thought he was a chucker, his passing and playmaking is really something. And Collins is a monster, nothing you guys weren’t well aware off.

If Hawks get another piece in the draft this year, they are going to be a problem. As much as I was down on Young and thought he was a chucker, his passing and playmaking is really something. And Collins is a monster, nothing you guys weren’t well aware off.

We knew it before Manning did.

Young and Huerter are 20. Collins is 21. They have two lottery picks next year. They also have three of the top 13 picks in the 2nd.

Got to try but how would he play with Collins?

I think they would try to do it, get turned down, and be very happy with Barrett and Bol Bol if they get lucky.

Back