• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great John Collins Article

Why would the team with the #1 pick do that?

I am not saying one would or would not. But, teams value picks. If a team (like New York) is trying to trade for someone, picks have value. Obviously Zion is head and shoulders above, but not every team has the same irons in the fire.

Every team should try to trade for the #1 pick. The team with the #1 pick shouldn’t take any trade.

We will be so blessed to see a league with Lebron, Giannis, and Zion at the same time.

We will be so blessed to see a league with Lebron, Giannis, and Zion at the same time.

imagine if he ended up on the lakers with lebron and another star...just him and lebron would be constant highlights

We are talking about Hawks draft prospects. I think Zion and Collins could play together especially in a small lineup.

20/11/6 tonight. Led the team in assists. Sitting right on the edge of averaging 20/10.

Foul trouble held Collins to 10/7 in 20 min in today's loss to the Magic.

I'm going to take this moment to declare #depheat on the Trae-Luka trade. The Hawks won the trade. Young is the clear #2 to Luka in ROY but still could end up being a better player as he gains on Luka's experience playing against grown ass men.

The Hawks looked ahead and saw two things I didn't think of. First, the lottery odds change this year to give teams outside the top three a decent chance at getting the #1 pick. Second, getting better odds at Zion is worth it. The Hawks and Mavs look settled into the #5 and #6 picks. Last year, this would have given the Hawks a 14.1% chance of getting the #1 pick, 4th best behind the 3 worst teams. This year, it will give the Hawks a 19.5% chance of getting the #1 pick, the best by a solid margin over the 3 worst teams who will be at 14% each.

Foul trouble held Collins to 10/7 in 20 min in today's loss to the Magic.

I'm going to take this moment to declare #depheat on the Trae-Luka trade. The Hawks won the trade. Young is the clear #2 to Luka in ROY but still could end up being a better player as he gains on Luka's experience playing against grown ass men.

The Hawks looked ahead and saw two things I didn't think of. First, the lottery odds change this year to give teams outside the top three a decent chance at getting the #1 pick. Second, getting better odds at Zion is worth it. The Hawks and Mavs look settled into the #5 and #6 picks. Last year, this would have given the Hawks a 14.1% chance of getting the #1 pick, 4th best behind the 3 worst teams. This year, it will give the Hawks a 19.5% chance of getting the #1 pick, the best by a solid margin over the 3 worst teams who will be at 14% each.

Isn't the Mav's pick top 5 protected?

Isn't the Mav's pick top 5 protected?

They’re pretty much locked into the 6 or 7 spot. The Mavs would have to go winless and get passed by the Hawks. The Hawks would shut it down before that could happen.

Last edited:
They’re pretty much locked into the 6 or 7 spot. The Mavs would have to go winless and get passed by the Hawks. The Hawks would shut it down before that could happen.

Well the Mavs could always jump ahead of their projected spot, right?

Well the Mavs could always jump ahead of their projected spot, right?

You quoted why it’s unlikely.

Four teams are under 20 wins. Hawks have 24. Mavs and Grizzlies have 28.

Last edited:
You quoted why it’s unlikely.

Four teams are under 20 wins. Hawks have 24. Mavs and Grizzlies have 28.

I meant they can still get a top 3 pick in the lottery no matter what their win total is. And those odds have increased in recent years for those picking further back.

So there’s like a 30% chance or so they get a top 3 pick

Last edited:
You meant the Hawks then. Yeah, with the #5 + #6-8 pick, the Hawks would have the best chances of any team of getting a pick higher than projected.

The Mavs currently have a 31.9% chance at their pick being top 5, meaning that they would keep it. That’s not insignificant for the Hawks.

http://www.tankathon.com/pick_odds

This is what I meant. I was commenting on ph’s statement that the hawks were “a lock” to get the Mavs pick. The Hawks get the Mavs pick IF the Mavs don’t move up in the lottery.

Last edited:
This is what I meant. I was commenting on ph’s statement that the hawks were “a lock” to get the Mavs pick. The Hawks get the Mavs pick IF the Mavs don’t move up in the lottery.

And again, the Hawks are in the 5 spot. So for the Mavs to drop to 5, the Hawks would have to allow the Mavs to fall below them. Not happening.

Back