• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great John Collins Article

Or package them and move up.

As it stands, the Hawks have 8, 10, 35, 41, and 44. They could trade with the Cavs and swap 8 and 10 for 5 and 26. I don’t think either first rounder plus a second rounder will be enough to move up.

I think they’ll stay and pick Reddish and one of the Cs.

8 Culver falls in your lap
10 take the next Pascal Siakam (take the Frenchman)
35 Grant Williams can play, he is sliding due to height
41 Dort
44 Aubrey Dawkins

That’s if you can’t bundle and move up.

For Center, try to sign Ufa or Rfa, Thomas Bryant, re sign dedmon, maybe cauley stein or zubac.

Hachimura>Hunter

Anyone>Reddish

I also like Bol Bol, maybe as high as 10.

As it stands, the Hawks have 8, 10, 35, 41, and 44. They could trade with the Cavs and swap 8 and 10 for 5 and 26. I don’t think either first rounder plus a second rounder will be enough to move up.

I think they’ll stay and pick Reddish and one of the Cs.

The front office seems pretty on top of their shit. They undoubtedly have thought this scenario through. I agree with you and think they stay/swing for the fences. There’s a ton of talent in the draft, though it’s not quite as top heavy as in most years. Well run teams will do well and poorly run teams will strike out.

It’s easy to forget because they are in a rebuild but the Hawks had one of the longest playoff streaks.

Complacent’s plan sounds good. Two talents will drop to them. There’s always some talent available in those second round spots.

It’s easy to forget because they are in a rebuild but the Hawks had one of the longest playoff streaks.

Complacent’s plan sounds good. Two talents will drop to them. There’s always some talent available in those second round spots.

Yep.

Imagine Culver (love the family of high jumpers; high upside) or Hachimura (solid) at 8 and then at 10 you have the Frenchman (risky) or Bol Bol (gotta love potential) --- it's a crapshoot but you have a chance to build a solid group around Trae and JC.

If you have 35, 41, 44, the most value you can get is three shots at getting a Jokic or Draymond.

I'd package to move up to get 1 of Hunter of Culver, I don't think either makes it to #8. After those guys are off the board the quality of wings really goes down. Kevin Porter has the talent, but is a head case who needs to grow up. Cam Reddish is as likely to be a complete bust as he is to be a good starter. Sekou is really a 4, so would waste away behind John Collins. Little has some major question marks attached to him, as does Langford. By moving out of 10, the lose out on Hayes or Bol Bol, but they can still get a quality big with a late first round pick via trade.

If you have 35, 41, 44, the most value you can get is three shots at getting a Jokic or Draymond.

Or GIlbert Arenas or Paul Milsap. I believe these are the only 4 2nd round picks in the last 15 years to eventually get a max-like deal. I think Arenas actually got his in year 2, which is crazy. He actually made more money in the NBA by NOT being a 1st round pick, and I don't believe anybody else can say that.

If the Hawks are dead set on Hunter, they could trade this year’s 8 and 10 to Cleveland for 5 and a protected first next year.

41 Dort
44 Aubrey Dawkins

For Center, try to sign Ufa or Rfa, Thomas Bryant, re sign dedmon, maybe cauley stein or zubac.

Hachimura>Hunter

Anyone>Reddish

I think 10 is a little high for Hoard.

Srsly though, also do not want Reddish.

The dream would be Barrett. I wonder if we took 8, 10 and next years first if we could get to 3.

NY might go for that bc 1. they are fucking stupid but 2. that gives them 3 first rounders to offer for Davis, which sounds pretty good.

Barrett would kind of be the perfect backcourt compliment to Trey, since he is a taller better defender and more of a driver than a shooter.

41 Dort
44 Aubrey Dawkins

Hachimura>Hunter

Anyone>Reddish

I love Hachimura's motor and skill set as well but Hunter could be the next Kawhi, great two way versatility with size

You know the Hawks/Mit will take the Wake guy in the 2nd round (41/44)

Young tied with Luka in first team all-rookie balloting. Huerter got 2nd team.

Reddish has been impressing in workouts. Footage I've seen shows that maybe he just didn't fit in with the guys at Duke, because he shows lots of offensive upside. Maybe Hawks will be ok with Reddish.

If he needs the ball in his hands, he wouldn’t fit well with Young and increasingly Collins either. I would like to see them get a good wing defender.

Back