• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Great John Collins Article

Kinda like when all the shit forwards were taken ahead of Josh Howard

LOL. I had thought about posting that too. Bunch of HS kids nobody has heard from since.

My last memory of that is Dick Vitale talking over Howard’s highlights complaining about HS kids not going to college.

LOL. I had thought about posting that too. Bunch of HS kids nobody has heard from since.

My last memory of that is Dick Vitale talking over Howard’s highlights complaining about HS kids not going to college.

Josh 13th in Win Share out of that draft class (behind 4 2nd rounders including ZaZa Pachulia, who is single-handedly making me re-evaluate my thoughts on Win Shares

non-college players were pretty awful in that class with the notable exception of that kid from Akron

never put together that the Big Miami 3 were all in the same draft class

Josh 13th in Win Share out of that draft class (behind 4 2nd rounders including ZaZa Pachulia, who is single-handedly making me re-evaluate my thoughts on Win Shares

non-college players were pretty awful in that class with the notable exception of that kid from Akron

That really makes you question winshares. I guess his career was cut way short, but I'd still expect him to be higher than Kirk Hinrich at #7. I guess Hinrich played alotta games with some good Bulls teams.

Kinda like when all the shit forwards were taken ahead of Josh Howard

At least nobody like the Bullets/Wizards were dumb enough to pick Karl Malone ahead of Kenny Green. That would've been ridiculous.

I still wonder the same thing I wondered when those mock drafts came out and then he went 19th or whatever - who the fuck was that much better than John Collins when he entered the draft? Anyone that watched Wake games knew how talented he was and it seemed pretty evident that his style of play would fit in with the NBA.

I remain baffled about him not going lottery. Was the knock his time at Wake, his relatively lower ratings out of high school, both? Something else? I truly don't get it. I mean the guy should've been ACC POY as a sophomore based on the numbers and he went 19th.

This plus, if I remember correctly, his wingspan did not exceed his height.

This plus, if I remember correctly, his wingspan did not exceed his height.

This is true.

It’s still pretty funny in hindsight that Leaf and Wilson went before him.

At least nobody like the Bullets/Wizards were dumb enough to pick Karl Malone ahead of Kenny Green. That would've been ridiculous.

Green and Childress were NBA busts, no question

Rogers and Bogues basically lived up to their draft positions

Duncan overachieved despite going #1
CP3 way overachieved and LOL at the Hawks in particular
Teague overachieved, Howard overachieved, James Johnson about even, AFA - meh, Ish has carved out a nice career from free agency

Green and Childress were NBA busts, no question

Rogers and Bogues basically lived up to their draft positions

Duncan overachieved despite going #1
CP3 way overachieved and LOL at the Hawks in particular
Teague overachieved, Howard overachieved, James Johnson about even, AFA - meh, Ish has carved out a nice career from free agency

JJ and Aminu have both overachieved. They both have 8 figure contracts.

JJ and Aminu have both overachieved. They both have 8 figure contracts.

well, yeah

Aminu was the #8 pick in the draft, and should be reasonably expected to get that contract

#9 that year was Paul George; #10 was Gordon Hayward for context

Feels like George has been out much longer than Hayward.

well, yeah

Aminu was the #8 pick in the draft, and should be reasonably expected to get that contract

#9 that year was Paul George; #10 was Gordon Hayward for context

I'll give ya that. Looking back around 5 Drafts 2010-2015 at the 8-10 picks, Aminu is right smack in the middle of the pack

I'll give ya that. Looking back around 5 Drafts 2010-2015 at the 8-10 picks, Aminu is right smack in the middle of the pack

The Aminu hate on here is weird. He’s a key role player and starter on a team that makes the playoffs every year. He’s a nice player.

The Aminu hate on here is weird. He’s a key role player and starter on a team that makes the playoffs every year. He’s a nice player.

I could not edit my post - I meant "meh" as he's on the low end of what should be expected out of where he was picked

I could not edit my post - I meant "meh" as he's on the low end of what should be expected out of where he was picked

Nah. He’s as expected. There’s a whole lot of Frank Kaminskys drafted around there

Back