• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Jamie Lewis is transferring

Who was the Israeli fighter pilot that Odom signed that never made it to Winston?

Itzak Cohen. Conveniently decided he liked flying more than basketball just when Rodney Rogers qualified.

It wasn't Danny in this case. Issues surrounding his transfer are on him.

Also, as many have noted, his entire (short) career is full of moves, inconsistencies, and transfers. State passed on him for a reason, too.

Hate it for the kid. I wish him well.

He broke his foot in the black and gold scrimmage. Transferred to small school in coal mines of eastern Ky.

That school was powerhouse Transylvania. I win 2 free tixs to last night's Gasparilla Bowl and a 2 nite stay at PHDeac's house. BTW, I love those Bad Boy mowers. Thinking of buying one and driving it down I-95 or perhaps entering it in the next Charlotte 400.

This one may be, and probably is, on the player.

With that said, Manning lost the benefit of the doubt with transfers long ago. It's a never ending cycle:

- WF sucks because we are young,
- WF is young because of all the transfers/early departures,
- As the result of all the transfers/early departures, WF will be young again next year.

Everyone understands the importance of recruiting highly ranked players to build a solid program, but you also need to keep your recruits and develop them. There are strong programs that have not recruited on the highest levels (UVA, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Purdue, Butler, dare I say... UNCG, Charleston, Buffalo), but the players that they do recruit, they develop. In these programs, a lot of their best players are limited as freshman, but they become better players over 4 years. WF never gets to see that. This is Manning's 5th year as a coach. WF has no seniors and only one junior (an assistant coach's son) that has been with the program for more than 2 years. WF has only two other scholarship players (Brown and Sarr) that have been with the team for more than this current season. Given these circumstances, even if you can sign a one and done, like Hoard, it is impossible to not suck.

This one may be, and probably is, on the player.

With that said, Manning lost the benefit of the doubt with transfers long ago. It's a never ending cycle:

- WF sucks because we are young,
- WF is young because of all the transfers/early departures,
- As the result of all the transfers/early departures, WF will be young again next year.

Everyone understands the importance of recruiting highly ranked players to build a solid program, but you also need to keep your recruits and develop them. There are strong programs that have not recruited on the highest levels (UVA, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Purdue, Butler, dare I say... UNCG, Charleston, Buffalo), but the players that they do recruit, they develop. In these programs, a lot of their best players are limited as freshman, but they become better players over 4 years. WF never gets to see that. This is Manning's 5th year as a coach. WF has no seniors and only one junior (an assistant coach's son) that has been with the program for more than 2 years. WF has only two other scholarship players (Brown and Sarr) that have been with the team for more than this current season. Given these circumstances, even if you can sign a one and done, like Hoard, it is impossible to not suck.

Yup, a never ending death spiral for Wake hoops.

That school was powerhouse Transylvania. I win 2 free tixs to last night's Gasparilla Bowl and a 2 nite stay at PHDeac's house. BTW, I love those Bad Boy mowers. Thinking of buying one and driving it down I-95 or perhaps entering it in the next Charlotte 400.

I believe it was powerhouse Pikeville College. May returned to W-S a few years after when Marathon Oil played an exhibition game against the Deacons. Mike Scott transferred to Kentucky to avoid playing for Bob Stark.

I believe it was powerhouse Pikeville College. May returned to W-S a few years after when Marathon Oil played an exhibition game against the Deacons. Mike Scott transferred to Kentucky to avoid playing for Bob Stark.

You're right. My memory is faulty once again. i'll forward the Gasparilla Bowl tixs to you.

You are correct May played out his years at Pikeville College.

After five games at UK, May transferred to Wake Forest but never played a game for the Deacs after breaking his foot and re-injuring it after it had healed.
May transferred to local Pikeville College where he played and averaged over 40 pts. per game.

After five games at UK, May transferred to Wake Forest but never played a game for the Deacs after breaking his foot and re-injuring it after it had healed.
May transferred to local Pikeville College where he played and averaged over 40 pts. per game.

I watched May warm up before the game, and then play in the Old Gold and Black game until he got hurt. Never saw him miss a single shot.

I played in a pickup game on campus with Todd May, there where several Wake players on the court, and he was by far the best. I only got to play because someone left and there was no one else to choose from.

Back