• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wellman - Kiss the Ring

socaldeac

Reaction score
Despite our BB, the rest of the men’s sports impressive and the facilities are improving. It is time for the haters to kiss the ring!

C’mon man. Just enjoy the bowl victory. No one should “kiss the ring” when our basketball program is struggling as much as it is.

I don't care about Wellman right now. Rather, I'm just enjoying that WF won the bowl game.

Yes, he hired Clawson. That was a great hire. But there will be no ring kissing until the basketball program gets back on track. This has got to be the worst 9 year stretch in WF basketball history. He has let his pride ruin the program beginning with the hire (and refusal to fire) his good friend who won’t be mentioned and aside from one decent season due to a phenomenal player, they’ve sucked plain and simple. And how many players have we even graduated during this time? 4 year players not grad transfers

While thrilled with 3 bowls in a row I do wonder if FB success is giving Ronnie more leash with DM since at least one major sport is succeeding. Don’t think Danny lasts as long if FB was in dumpster as well the last 2 years.

We are the worst at what the fans love most. If Bama was awesome in every sport but football, everyone would get fired and run out of town.

LMAO. The Athletic department is run by 4-5 major contributors, not Ronnie Boy. He is a pompous ass talking head. Joe Smoe or Ronnie. Didnt matter.

LMAO. The Athletic department is run by 4-5 major contributors, not Ronnie Boy. He is a pompous ass talking head. Joe Smoe or Ronnie. Didnt matter.

Then why do you feel so strongly he should be fired? That’s a weird take.

We are the worst at what the fans love most. If Bama was awesome in every sport but football, everyone would get fired and run out of town.
We should take a poll. Ten times rather have a winning football program. That has changed over the years as college basketball has become a junk product.

I think Mack has a point, and I was once a member of a freshman basketball team.

We should take a poll. Ten times rather have a winning football program. That has changed over the years as college basketball has become a junk product.

Our ceiling used to be much higher in basketball. It definitely should be. However I think I enjoy football success much more. Probably because the bowl system, as silly as it is, leaves you feeling better about an ok-great season than the NCAAT.

Back