• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who on this team has a shot at the NFL?

In the modern NFL age of the TE, Des played a long long time ago.

Yeah but considering he was a surehanded college WR, he would have fit well. Keep in mind the Bears underused the TE when he was there. Clark was #2 behind Olsen and the Bears traded Olsen because they didn’t use him that much.

Yeah but considering he was a surehanded college WR, he would have fit well. Keep in mind the Bears underused the TE when he was there. Clark was #2 behind Olsen and the Bears traded Olsen because they didn’t use him that much.

I didn’t mean that as a slight at Clark at all. Just there is a lot more athleticism in the position now. That said, I really like Surratt, and I expect him to be a force by the time he graduates. Funchess might be a better comparison in today’s NFL.

I didn’t mean that as a slight at Clark at all. Just there is a lot more athleticism in the position now. That said, I really like Surratt, and I expect him to be a force by the time he graduates. Funchess might be a better comparison in today’s NFL.

Surratt already understands the game better than Funch

I bet Carney would surprise a lot of people if he participated in the combines. He is a much better athlete, and faster, than folks realize

I bet Carney would surprise a lot of people if he participated in the combines. He is a much better athlete, and faster, than folks realize

Could be a good FB like Bohanon, but FB is only used by a few teams.

Alex Bachman will get on somewhere and may surprise many.

He really
gets to the
ball nicely
in traffic.

I thought this was pretty wild from Bachman on twitter:

My high school varsity CAREER stat line: 12 CATCHES 195 YDS 1 TD

That is just crazy. Was he a scholarship player in year one?

I thought we gave him an offer after some summer camp

Carney is a good special teams player and seems to be a good pass catcher, though he doesn’t see a lot of throws. He might be able to cobble together enough to make it.

I thought this was pretty wild from Bachman on twitter:

My high school varsity CAREER stat line: 12 CATCHES 195 YDS 1 TD

That is just crazy. Was he a scholarship player in year one?

Checked Bachman's bio. He was a DB (safety) his junior year with 5 ints. Had the 12 catches and 1 TD after switching to Receiver for his senior year. Then he got hurt and didn't play anymore in HS. So he really has 17 catches in HS.

He was a track guy as well. 4x100, 4x400, decathlon.

Checked Bachman's bio. He was a DB (safety) his junior year with 5 ints. Had the 12 catches and 1 TD after switching to Receiver for his senior year. Then he got hurt and didn't play anymore in HS. So he really has 17 catches in HS.

That makes sense.

Still - whoever on staff pushed for the scholly was taking a hell of a chance (at least on paper). It certainly worked out!

Whatever NFL GM doesn't take Alex Bachman at WR this year and Kelly Bryant at QB next year will have egg on his face for a decade.

Anyone else think its not a good sign that Colburn and Dorth aren't getting any listed in prospect rankings for the draft online? I understand Dortch coming out early may be a surprise and the scouts haven't reviewed enough tape yet, but if he is going to be drafted high, someone has to start ranking him right?

Back