• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who on this team has a shot at the NFL?

Anyone else think its not a good sign that Colburn and Dorth aren't getting any listed in prospect rankings for the draft online? I understand Dortch coming out early may be a surprise and the scouts haven't reviewed enough tape yet, but if he is going to be drafted high, someone has to start ranking him right?

One set of NFL scouts and GM liking him will get him drafted high.

Hard to gauge NFL prospects at this point. Will start to get a better idea when the combine invites come out. The combine is conducted at the end of February/ early March. Invites become public a few weeks in advance.

Anyone else think its not a good sign that Colburn and Dorth aren't getting any listed in prospect rankings for the draft online? I understand Dortch coming out early may be a surprise and the scouts haven't reviewed enough tape yet, but if he is going to be drafted high, someone has to start ranking him right?

I love Colburn but I don’t think anyone expects him to play in the NFL.

I thought this was pretty wild from Bachman on twitter:

My high school varsity CAREER stat line: 12 CATCHES 195 YDS 1 TD

That is just crazy. Was he a scholarship player in year one?

He wanted to go to Duke and they never offered. Believe the summer camp part is correct, that his offer came from there. I never used this from a pre-Birmingham Bowl interview with him:

"Pretty much everybody but my mom went to Duke. My aunt, my uncle, my grandpa was on the golf team, that’s where he met my grandma. So yeah, I have some roots there.
I had some recruitment with them. Let’s just say it wasn’t smooth. So the opportunity to go out and compete and make plays against them has been fun the last couple of years."

He wanted to go to Duke and they never offered. Believe the summer camp part is correct, that his offer came from there. I never used this from a pre-Birmingham Bowl interview with him:

"Pretty much everybody but my mom went to Duke. My aunt, my uncle, my grandpa was on the golf team, that’s where he met my grandma. So yeah, I have some roots there.
I had some recruitment with them. Let’s just say it wasn’t smooth. So the opportunity to go out and compete and make plays against them has been fun the last couple of years."

Love stories like that. Suck it Cut...

Walter Football gives Dortch a F for his decision to leave early.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019underclassmen.php

Height: 5-9. Weight: 170.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2019): 6-FA.
Oh man. What the hell is happening here? Greg Dortch is someone we had listed in our 2020 NFL Draft Wide Receiver Rankings as a Round 7-UDFA player. Dortch is just a redshirt sophomore, so he's making an absolutely terrible decision by declaring. He's on no one's radar, and he won't get to impress at any pre-draft all-star games. If he fails at the combine, he won't get drafted.

Grade for declaring: F

Walter Football gives Dortch a F for his decision to leave early.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2019underclassmen.php

Height: 5-9. Weight: 170.
Projected 40 Time: 4.50.
Projected Round (2019): 6-FA.
Oh man. What the hell is happening here? Greg Dortch is someone we had listed in our 2020 NFL Draft Wide Receiver Rankings as a Round 7-UDFA player. Dortch is just a redshirt sophomore, so he's making an absolutely terrible decision by declaring. He's on no one's radar, and he won't get to impress at any pre-draft all-star games. If he fails at the combine, he won't get drafted.

Ouch. Motivation for Greg.

How could you guys leave out Haynes and Anderson?

Anderson has been steady/ok but have never seen him take a NG/DT 5-6 yards downfield on run plays. Center seems like his likely position and has the 6'6" 305-310 size to compete.

Haynes also has been steady and probably has graded out well but like Anderson, bullying an opposing DL 5-6 yards downfield on run plays has been rare. OG is his ticket but lateral pulling speed a big question mark as is his overall speed/footwork....he's not very nimble. Has the body builder 6'4" 310-315 size but he may not score well at a combine.

I mean, the evaluation could have been worse:

Jeff Allison, LB, Fresno State
Height: 5-11. Weight: 242.
Projected 40 Time: 4.80.
Projected Round (2019): 7-FA.
It'll be difficult for Jeff Allison to get drafted. He won't be able to impress anyone at pre-draft all-star games, which is a problem because he wasn't on anyone's radar as a true junior. Unless Allison blows everyone at the combine, he'll be a UDFA, making this a very dubious decision.

Projected round 6-FA then goes on to say that his 2020 projections if he didn’t declare was round 7-FA, solid analysis.

If Dortch runs the 40 with a sub 4.45 time and jumps well at the combine he will be 3rd or 4th rounder. If he runs 4.5 or worse then he is 6-UDFA.

If I remember correctly, one of the knocks (other than size) on Dortch coming out of HS was he didn’t run/test well (straight-line).

People get faster as they develop obviously so it will be interesting to see just how fast he times.

Quick guy who immediately gets open but may not have the flashiest 40 time...fuck he’s going to New England

Dortch is a smaller version of Damiere Byrd.

On Dortch and the NFL..i’ll Put it this way..regardless Louisville’s porous D,Ryan Switzer would have scored one of Greg’s (5*) TD’s that day. Switzer could of housed the late slant..maybe.

Back