• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Who on this team has a shot at the NFL?

BudatWake

Steve Lepore
Reaction score
We know Dortch will sooner or later. What about Bachman and Glenn? Also, think some of the OL might get a shot. Who else?

Pretty sure I heard that quite a few NFL scouts have expressed interest in Bassey and his future potential.

I think Bassey and Glenn are late picks. Basham and Sternad eventually. Carney could make a roster and do a bit of everything but doubt he gets drafted. Haynes is gonna be a beast. And of course Dortch.

Nick Sciba has been pretty much money this year as a true freshman, he might make a good living in the league after he graduates.

FWIW, when scouts came to practices in fall camp, top 3 they wanted to see were Haynes, Anderson and Herron. Not always in that order, though seemed majority of them liked Haynes the most. But those were always the top 3 they wanted to see.

For this season: Haynes and Anderson for sure should get drafted. Bassey would only come out if he is likely to get drafted.

Glenn, Colburn, Rodney, Yarbary should all get cups of tea as UDFA.

Bachman maybe (by the Patriots of course) due to route running, but probably won’t run well.

Boogie looks like an NFL player to me. Rush end who can move inside in passing downs. I have irrational confidence in this, some of which is based on the fact that “Boogie Basham” is a perfect football name.

Surratt could play at the next level, but it would have to be as a tight end. I would love to see him add 15 lbs and take over the Serigne role in the offense. He could be uncoverable—too big for a safety, too fast for a linebacker.

Has Herron made a decision on whether to return next season?

Would be great if Herron and Dortch come back to chase an 8 or 9 win season

This year - Glenn, Anderson, Haynes, maybe Strnad, maybe Yarbary, maybe Dortch
Maybe in the future - Henderson, Gilliam, Surratt, Washington

Boogie looks like an NFL player to me. Rush end who can move inside in passing downs. I have irrational confidence in this, some of which is based on the fact that “Boogie Basham” is a perfect football name.

Surratt could play at the next level, but it would have to be as a tight end. I would love to see him add 15 lbs and take over the Serigne role in the offense. He could be uncoverable—too big for a safety, too fast for a linebacker.

Obviously Desmond Clark is a strong precedent for this.

Back