• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again & Suffer Humiliating Defeat

Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again

I believe you are mistaken. I believe Bush 41’s approval ratings were higher at this point in his presidency. Even if I’m wrong about that, a non-trivial proportion of #nevertrump pubs no longer consider themselves pubs, which artificially inflates Trump’s approval ratings among pubs.

The problem was a weak pub field, compounded with an opposition candidate that many pubs thought was a she-devil, which led to pubs making a deal with the actual devil

W was at 88%. Trump is at 89%. That was a bit of a Valley for W but it’s hard to parse between low 90s for one and high 80s for the other. The big difference is W was high among everybody.

If pubs no longer consider themselves pubs they’re not pubs.

The “weak pub field” was 16 of the most highly accomplished governors, senators, and such from the party. It was hyped as a very strong field.

Last edited:
I believe you are mistaken. I believe Bush 41’s approval ratings were higher at this point in his presidency. Even if I’m wrong about that, a non-trivial proportion of #nevertrump pubs no longer consider themselves pubs, which artificially inflates Trump’s approval ratings among pubs.

The problem was a weak pub field, compounded with an opposition candidate that many pubs thought was a she-devil, which led to pubs making a deal with the actual devil

This feels like jhmd suggesting DJT wasn’t the leader of the Republican Party. You don’t have to like him or like the reality that your party loves the guy, but it’s true. The GOP as it exists in 2019 is 100% the party of Trump. You can try to explain it away, or you can explain how you plan to help fix your broken party. I get that you love your judges, but there are other aspects of governing too. You won’t get help from your right wing colleagues in the Tunnels because they can’t even post that they don’t approve of him.

I think that the border wall should be funded

I think that it is ridiculous for people who voted for funding a border wall earlier to now be opposed to a wall because Trump is for it

no way to solve the immigration mess without secure borders, under current conditions, a wall is a part of that border security

I’d love to hear your nuanced understanding of the current immigration “mess”, Professor.

Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again

You mean HW, not W, yes?

No. I assumed you meant W because W had much higher early voter approval than his dad.

Junebug, what do you think about the RNC merging operations with Trump?

No. I assumed you meant W because W had much higher early voter approval than his dad.

Junebug, what do you think about the RNC merging operations with Trump?

he said bush 41

Trickle down, anti abortion, anti people who don't look or act like them, pro 1960, pro GOP power. That's about the GOP platform these days.

Trickle down, anti abortion, anti people who don't look or act like them, pro 1960, pro GOP power. That's about the GOP platform these days.

I'd also throw in some Bible-thumping Evangelical Prosperity Gospel "Christianity", but otherwise you nailed it. The GOP wants to party like it's 1959.

Everyone is the GOP is just so darn disappointed! They may have even shaken a fist!

But still they approve and are in lockstep. Bunch of cuck ass bitches.

BlindNaiveDuiker-small.gif

I focused on HW because his approval rating 2 years into his presidency—where we are now with Trump—was 89%. The point being, Trump’s is not unprecedented.

That said, it should be obvious from my posts that I am very disappointed with the extent to which Trump has taken over the GOP. We should take a lesson from the DNC that picking a candidate in advance is a bad strategy.

You didn’t. When he declared most people were like who the fuck does this motherfucker think he is? Then he opened his mouth about Mexicans on day 1 and all the racists and rubes (aka the base) were like “fuck yeah! That’s my guy!”

I need to get on a plane tomorrow, and the heads of airlines are writing to our dipshit in Chief about how his petulant shutdown is making airline travel less safe. I can't wait until this sack of shit dies or goes to jail.

Back