• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again & Suffer Humiliating Defeat

Indeed. "He's not hurting the people he needs to be hurting." That pretty much sums up the modern GOP in a nutshell. Even Trump, apparently, just can't go far enough for them. Not to mention that they're clueless that he doesn't give a shit about them or their little towns.

He’s not hurting the people he needs to be hurting.

Jesus.

Just keep poor people a'blamin' other poor people for they problems. Great strategy.

Thinking about tonight’s “speech” - trump will lie, no doubt, and it really sucks our news channels have to advertise his lying justification for a wall, but I wonder if any of those channels will live fact check? Not counting on Fox News for that one, but hope some will do it even though Trumpers don’t watch anything but Fox News

Thinking about tonight’s “speech” - trump will lie, no doubt, and it really sucks our news channels have to advertise his lying justification for a wall, but I wonder if any of those channels will live fact check? Not counting on Fox News for that one, but hope some will do it even though Trumpers don’t watch anything but Fox News

Networks are not required to grant him time. Obama did a prime time speech on immigration in 2014 and all 4 major networks refused to air it live because it was "too political".

Networks are not required to grant him time. Obama did a prime time speech on immigration in 2014 and all 4 major networks refused to air it live because it was "too political".

yeah which is disappointing that the major networks are all covering this one. presumably they didn't want to deal with the whining of not covering it.

I will gladly be at trivia tonight and not watching.

Yea I remember that but this one screams political yet will still be broadcasted.

Barca is right, if they refused, Trump would whine. Lose lose situation.

Maybe if they air his speech he will stop calling them the enemy of the people. That's how it works, right?

maybe some intern trips on the power cord right when it starts

hqdefault.jpg

Did the networks plan to air new episodes or reruns? I know some shows haven’t started back yet. Could be simple as that.

The networks are covering and airing the speech because probably everybody in the country knows some one who is affected by this stupid fucking shutdown and it is therefore news, not because they think it will be a good speech or that it will include useful innovative policy ideas.

Did the networks plan to air new episodes or reruns? I know some shows haven’t started back yet. Could be simple as that.

just run episodes of The Office or Fixer Upper or literally any 60 min section of Shawshank Redemption.

Start airing it but then abruptly cut in to Heidi

They have to cover it b/c the shutdown is relevant AND, apparently, our idiot-in-chief just might further abuse his power and declare a national "emergency".

Can't miss that if it happens.

Trump has just tweeted that he will end the shutdown with no money for the wall if Mueller shuts down and the House promises no investigation.

Back