• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again & Suffer Humiliating Defeat

So, why did "we" wait until Dems took the house to make this a crisis? Why did not Trump and the Trumpublicans take care of this over the last 2 years?

Hmmm....fucking fuckers.

Why didn’t Trump take the money offered by Schumer for the wall in exchange for permanent DACA protections during the previous shutdown, last year? Has something changed since then to make this a crisis now? If so what’s changed?

Why didn’t Trump take the money offered by Schumer for the wall in exchange for permanent DACA protections during the previous shutdown, last year? Has something changed since then to make this a crisis now? If so what’s changed?

Some brown moslem woman said a bad word.

He's probably got information, man. New shit has come to light.

2qnf3w.jpg

Seems like an opportunity to get someone other than Pelosi and Schumer in front of the camera?

Schumer: Mr. President, we'll give you the money you want as long as you agree to open our government!

Seems like an opportunity to get someone other than Pelosi and Schumer in front of the camera?

A response by AOC would overshadow Trump.

The best choice would be someone who lives on the border who doesn’t want Trump to take their land.

He's probably got information, man. New shit has come to light.

That's what all these conservatives said in 2003 in drumming up the case for invading Iraq. "There is an emergency, trust us, the data are top secret, but it's really bad and we need to invade." I think skepticism is warranted given how well that adventure went.

5 of 8 senators in the border states are Ds. have any of them addressed the crisis and need for a wall? how many reps in districts on the border are Ds? have any of them sent out an urgent plea for help?

The wall is a big-government, tax-and-spend project. If you support it, that's your prerogative, but that means that you are not a small-government conservative, you are a big-government advocate, so long as that big government money is being used on projects you approve of.

In my personal experience, wall supporters are generally the first to complain about the War on Christmas, the laziness of Americans, Welfare, and government spending/taxes. However, when faced with the prospect of a large number of disproportionately Christian, hard-working people who are excluded from most welfare programs, their response is "Spend $5.6 billion to keep them out."

So much this.

5 of 8 senators in the border states are Ds. have any of them addressed the crisis and need for a wall? how many reps in districts on the border are Ds? have any of them sent out an urgent plea for help?

The rep that represents the longest amount of border is a Republican, and he voted against the bill that included funding for the wall.

Cong. Will Hurd (R, TX) represents a district that has the most US/Mexico border in it. He openly opposes the wall.

I seriously doubt that. Support from the GOP/Trump base might go up slightly, but even there it's already pretty much maxed out, I think. I just don't see any Democrats or even independents switching to support a wall because Trump went on TV and made a quick trip to the border. Polls have pretty consistently shown that nearly everyone outside the GOP base simply doesn't support a wall or the government shutdown, and I don't think this speech or border trip will change that in any significant way.

The real numbers are that 6 people were stopped at the US/Mexico border for being on a list (not necessarily guilty), but 41 were stopped at the US/Canada border.

BUILD THE CANADIAN WALL!!!!

I seriously doubt that. Support from the GOP/Trump base might go up slightly, but even there it's already pretty much maxed out, I think. I just don't see any Democrats or even independents switching to support a wall because Trump went on TV and made a quick trip to the border. Polls have pretty consistently shown that nearly everyone outside the GOP base simply doesn't support a wall or the government shutdown, and I don't think this speech or border trip will change that in any significant way.

I just want to know which Dem he's targeting.

Back