• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again & Suffer Humiliating Defeat

Well they’re already taking a PR hit over a metaphorical wall, a solution to an emergency that will take years to complete.

This shutdown is impeachable, IMO. This is complete BS postering for his idiot base (moon and sailor).

I will never vote republican again. No fucking way...the Dems could run a damn donkey, it would still be better than trump.

Trump doesn’t like paying people for work they actually do.

This shutdown is impeachable, IMO. This is complete BS postering for his idiot base (moon and sailor).

I will never vote republican again. No fucking way...the Dems could run a damn donkey, it would still be better than trump.

Great post.

+1000

Coast Guard families told they can have garage sales to cope with government shutdown

Employees of the U.S. Coast Guard who are facing a long U.S. government shutdown just received a suggestion: To get by without pay, consider holding a garage sale, babysitting, dog-walking or serving as a “mystery shopper.”

The suggestions were part of a five-page tip sheet published by the Coast Guard Support Program, an employee-assistance arm of the service often known as CG SUPRT. It is designated to offer Coast Guard members help with mental-health issues or other concerns about their lives, including financial wellness.

“Bankruptcy is a last option,” the document said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...h-government-shutdown/?utm_term=.f1c14344912c

My sister is in the Coast Guard and I think she should be able to ride this out (and my mom would assist if not) but I just can’t imagine those in the USCG who have families to support and aren’t making officer salaries.

Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again

Coast Guard. Those are the people who guard the coasts that make up our longest borders, right? Is Trump planning a sea wall too?

And the CG seizes more drugs than anyone. Isn’t that part of our crisis?

Coast Guard. Those are the people who guard the coasts that make up our longest borders, right? Is Trump planning a sea wall too?

It stopped the Kaiju.

This would be over in to days if air traffic controllers started calling in sick en masse.

The scary part about Trump being backed into a corner like this is that he's likely to take on Iran or something as a distraction

On the plus side, I can see congressional pubs giving up on him in the upcoming months and taking him out. Schumer/Pelosi though just have negative charisma, just hand it over to AOC, she's awesome. Half of the rubes would go for whatever she's selling. Creepy and Seventy ain't getting it done. Dems need SOMEONE to step up here, it's ripe for the taking.

Last edited:
Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again

The primary will fill that vacuum.

There’s no way Senate Pubs give up on Trump. No way. They’re in a bind. If they give up on Trump, the base will never forgive them. Then they face primary challenges from the right. Mitch has to run for re-election too. There’s a short window for impeachment and removal that ends this summer. After that it’s probably too late for new Pubs to get in the race. It would be chaos. If they remove him now, new Pubs will primary them. If they remove him later, chaos. If they do nothing, they’ll be forced to rally behind Trump which will be a losing proposition. They’re stuck. Their only hope is that the Democrats put up a poor field or overstep on impeachment and investigations.

Last edited:
Back