• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again & Suffer Humiliating Defeat

I’m guessing some Pubs are already criticizing AOC for taking a paycheck and buying clothes with it.

Everyone else on the Tunnels criticizes pubs. You’ve got that covered.

So you’re manufacturing faux outrage for balance.

all the lubes around here want is lefty partisan polemics, anything and everything else is rejected out of hand

Shocking that liberals disagree with conservative ideas. What is really surprising is how comfortable educated civilized people are with the Trump and the GOP's behavior.

Congresspeople receiving pay during a shutdown isn’t a partisan issue. Besides, almost none of them need it anyway.

I’m just not convinced that the bill wouldn’t get traction, which makes her grandstanding all the more notable.

Also, the shutdown is dumb and I disagree with it.

But those sweet, sweet judges though.

Do you think our government should be shutdown until a border wall is funded?

I think that the border wall should be funded

I think that it is ridiculous for people who voted for funding a border wall earlier to now be opposed to a wall because Trump is for it

no way to solve the immigration mess without secure borders, under current conditions, a wall is a part of that border security

I think that the border wall should be funded

I think that it is ridiculous for people who voted for funding a border wall earlier to now be opposed to a wall because Trump is for it

no way to solve the immigration mess without secure borders, under current conditions, a wall is a part of that border security

Stfu Nazi

So do you believe Trump is the problem with the GOP or Trump is a symptom of bigger issues in the GOP?

Trump is the most popular president among Pubs in the history of polling.

What’s that pub platform again? It’s hard to tell these days. Cant be fiscal responsibility. Not these pubs. Hard to be less responsible than putting tax cuts on a credit card.

What else is there after 2 years of full pub control? You’d think there would be more from such a vaunted platform.

Sorry, what am I being accused of doing here? Not becoming a donkey? I believe in the pub platform. That platform will continue to exist after Trump is no longer president, whether that comes to pass through his removal, being primaried, or defeat in 2020. The sooner the better.

So then why are you so concerned with Dems courting your vote?

No it’s not. That’s just a convenient thing for you to whatabout.

Your real concern should be that whatever platform you think pubs want has been replaced by a faux populist strategy to break the government so that rich dudes can get richer and judges will be installed to protect that.

Oh maybe that’s what you want though.

I’m not. That’s an ancillary point. My bigger concern is the coarsening of public discourse.

Looooool, keep clutching those pearls, June. Your party decided that they hated a black president so much that they’d burn him in effigy, shout from the rooftops that there was no way he could be born in America, accuse him of being a terrorist, and many, many more horrific things. Then, because that wasn’t enough, you all nominated a racist, misogynist,, xenophobic, elitist, egomaniacal sexual predator and elected him President that bragged about being able to grab women by the pussy, called African and Caribbean nations shitholes, and has made more awful comments than anyone should make in a lifetime. But yes, one Democratic Rep saying “motherfucker” demonstrates a coarsening if public discourse.

Nailed it!

The things you’re saying aren’t making any sense given this administration and the last two years of congress who have basically done nothing but ram through a worthless tax cut and some judges and try to run cover for the crooks in the White House. Where’s the platform?

Back