• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Republicans Shut Down the Federal Government Again & Suffer Humiliating Defeat

Democrats need to go in with this simple message. If Trump can declare an “emergency” to steal someone’s land to build a wall, what’s stopping him from declaring an “emergency” to steal your land?

Democrats need to go in with this simple message. If Trump can declare an “emergency” to steal someone’s land to build a wall, what’s stopping him from declaring an “emergency” to steal your land?

Well the latter is necessary to do the former. There are places where he wants to build the wall that the federal government does not own. So by declaring a national emergency to build it, the government would have to claim eminent domain or get people to sell it. I’m assuming many people won’t want to sell, so that leaves only one option.

Well the latter is necessary to do the former. There are places where he wants to build the wall that the federal government does not own. So by declaring a national emergency to build it, the government would have to claim eminent domain or get people to sell it. I’m assuming many people won’t want to sell, so that leaves only one option.

Yeah. That’s what I said.

The image of sending US troops to steal land from the Indian Reservation on the border will be heart warming I'm sure.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-border-wall-challenge-indian-reservation-arizona/

He wouldn’t steal my land.

LOL Brit. The author isn't the one who lacks awareness.

That only happened with his first check, because he made a photo op out of his donating his check. He has not made a spectacle of this since then so we do not know what has happened since. Accepting and givin away is still accepting a salary.

Regardless, it's a completely tone deaf thing for Trump to say and it's even more tone deaf for Brit to defend him like that.

That only happened with his first check, because he made a photo op out of his donating his check. He has not made a spectacle of this since then so we do not know what has happened since. Accepting and givin away is still accepting a salary.

Not only that, but as an exceptionally wealthy man Trump doesn't really need his POTUS salary. Government workers, on the other hand, most likely depend upon their salary to pay their bills, support their families, and live their lives. Something which Brit seems oblivious about.

ETA: Brit's getting roasted by people replying to his tweet.

Last edited:
Don't know if it's been posted, but the great Lindsey Graham said today that Republicans want a Democrat who is "reasonable" and "not crazy" to negotiate with. Apparently he was referring to Pelosi. I guess the fact that Pelosi stands up to Trump and doesn't kiss his behind makes her crazy and unreasonable in Graham's eyes. Graham also said that Republicans are tired of Democrats calling them racists for wanting a border wall, and they won't start serious negotiations ("offers on the table") until Democrats agree to stop calling Republicans racists over the wall. My God. They can dish it out, but not take it - snowflake behavior at its finest. It appears that the world's greatest negotiator can't handle our new Speaker of the House. If Trump, Graham, and the GOP are already melting down after just a few days of a Democratic-controlled House, Lord only knows what they'll be like within a few more weeks or months.

Link to article: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/06/lindsey-graham-shutdown-democrats-crazy-1083045

Not only that, but as an exceptionally wealthy man Trump doesn't really need his POTUS salary. Government workers, on the other hand, most likely depend upon their salary to pay their bills, support their families, and live their lives...

Of course.

The fact that this must be pointed out to anyone is...absurd.

And yet, it must apparently be pointed out.

Sigh.

Of course.

The fact that this must be pointed out to anyone is...absurd.

And yet, it must apparently be pointed out.

Sigh.

Indeed. At least, it needs to be pointed out to Brit Hume, Sean Hannity, and some others at Fox.

Don't know if it's been posted, but the great Lindsey Graham said today that Republicans want a Democrat who is "reasonable" and "not crazy" to negotiate with. Apparently he was referring to Pelosi. I guess the fact that Pelosi stands up to Trump and doesn't kiss his behind makes her crazy and unreasonable in Graham's eyes. Graham also said that Republicans are tired of Democrats calling them racists for wanting a border wall, and they won't start serious negotiations ("offers on the table") until Democrats agree to stop calling Republicans racists over the wall. My God. They can dish it out, but not take it - snowflake behavior at its finest. It appears that the world's greatest negotiator can't handle our new Speaker of the House. If Trump, Graham, and the GOP are already melting down after just a few days of a Democratic-controlled House, Lord only knows what they'll be like within a few more weeks or months.

Link to article: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/01/06/lindsey-graham-shutdown-democrats-crazy-1083045

He should have said “hysterical”. It seems that’s what he means WRT Pelosi. It’s nice that Graham is so perfectly representing the reality that the GOP has problem with being labeled racists, but not with racism itself.

“We want to negotiate only with Democrats who agree to our every demand.”

The only thing left of Junebugs Republican platform is getting a load of judges-for-life. Fiscal responsibility, gone. Worry about our children paying the national debt, gone. Strong foreign policy to support our global interests, gone. Standing up to dictators and autocrats, gone. Morality in public office, gone.

But he'll still have those heritage-trained judges who will rule against Democratic priorities, even when those priorities have broad popular support and are enacted through the democratic process. Thanks to the search function, we can all point out his spasm of pearl clutching when those unelected justices ruled against his policy preferences, and he went on and on about how horrible it is to be ruled by nine unelected people in black robes.

Back