• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dortch leaving for NFL

I'm getting 4.62 for Dortch's 40. I may be off by a 10th of a second or so, but he is about where people pegged him.

dortch ran the 40 (at least) twice - here's the faster one

FWIW, Dortch's talent is that they are very few better at NOT running in a straight line.

to my eye, Bachman ran a faster 40 than Dortch

I follow Alex on Instagram and he has been working his ass off this offseason. You can see his progress in his arms and legs, if he keeps working this hard he may land a spot on a practice squad.

I follow Alex on Instagram and he has been working his ass off this offseason. You can see his progress in his arms and legs, if he keeps working this hard he may land a spot on a practice squad.

Probably with the Patriots.

from the video i had him between 4.45-4.52
Probably wrong.

Think Bachman ran low 4.4s. Dortch told us he ran one high 4.4s, one low 4.5s. They both looked great.

Thought it was incredible that Dortch told us he broke his scaphoid bone in 2016. I'll have that story up later.

Can't wait to see what Dortch can do! Love that dude.

Unrelated, but WFU Sports Marketing needs to hire his mom to head up the department. She has been on a tear!

Think Bachman ran low 4.4s. Dortch told us he ran one high 4.4s, one low 4.5s. They both looked great.

Thought it was incredible that Dortch told us he broke his scaphoid bone in 2016. I'll have that story up later.

Great that both of these guys ran such fast 40's.
If Bachman was really in the low 4.4's........Wow!

Dortch made a good decision to run at pro day instead of combine. Would have been pushing a 4.6 at the combine and hurt his stock.

How fast were their 3 cones?

How fast were their 3 cones?

I read that Dortch's 3 cone was unofficially 6.82 (I guessed 6.5 last month) and his shuttle was either 4.07 or sub 4 depending on who you read. His 3 cone time would have been tied for 14th best at the combine and only 2 guy's at the combine ran sub 4 second shuttles, while 4.07 would be tied for 10th.

These number's are going to be more important to scout's than his 40 time, as these drills focus on the player's ability to maintain speed while changing directions.

Les' article on Dortch's decision jives with much of our discussion on this thread, he knew that he wasn't going to grow taller, and he felt that he had accomplished what he needed to in college. Clawson apparently gave him alot of information, without appearing to pressure him to stay.

Back