• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dortch leaving for NFL

Who knows, maybe gettleman will trade up for him

I understand the need for bigs. In almost every sport bigger & stronger is better, but in todays NFL where offenses are more spread out than ever i think Dortch will thrive. Some team is gonna get a steal at this point in the draft. Hope it's my Browns! Dorsey is making all the right moves so far...

At this point ? We're in the third round. Tune back in Saturday afternoon.

I don't understand the #32 eval at all. I don't follow the NFL nearly as closely as I used to, but Dortch is a special playmaker. What he lacks in size and speed he more than makes up for in route running and hands, and straight up productivity. His numbers have always been great. One of my favorite Wake athletes of all time. Best of luck in the draft, Greg!

He is rated 1 slot after State's Jacobi Myers and 15 slots below Kelvin Harmon, both big body receivers. Doesn't seem too low considering his limited actual game history.

Any new views on Dortch?
I.e. Will he get drafted? Or get picked up as a free agent?

Just do not think he had a large enough body of work for a guy who also does not have the measurables that teams like. Combine that with his injury history and not surprising he has not gotten drafted yet. Having said that I think whoever does get him will get an outstanding player with an even bigger chip on his shoulder.

The Alliance league would have been a great opportunity for Dortch. But he will get his shot through free agency at least.

If he’s not drafted he’ll certainly be signed as an UDFA heading into the preseason. Whether he makes the final 53, practice squad, or is cut all together is yet to be seen, but he’ll at least be on a roster over the summer.

If he had returned he may have at least been drafted next year. Oh well.

Damn, was convinced that despite his size his tape would get him drafted. There’s no way you can tell me Hunter Renfrow is a better receiver than Dortch.

Back