• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dortch leaving for NFL

Best of luck Greg. Loved watching you play at Wake. Wish you would have stayed longer, but totally understand to get paid when you can. Not getting drafted could end up being a good thing. Will let you pick the best situation (and will make a great story).

Jets is a really good spot for Dortch. Lot of opportunities to beat out guys there.

Best of luck Greg. Loved watching you play at Wake. Wish you would have stayed longer, but totally understand to get paid when you can. Not getting drafted could end up being a good thing. Will let you pick the best situation (and will make a great story).

He’s likely not to get paid anything significant now

I’m tired of wake athletes leaving early to go undrafted.... it’s happened too many times

Hindsight is 20/20, but I do believe Greg could have helped himself by another season comparable to last year. Also, he could have increased his strength and improved his measurables.

If the NFL doesn’t work out for Dortch I think he’d be great in the CFL.
Think obout James Parker. Good college player but too small for the NFL.
He became an MVP and a legend in the CFL.

Terry Godwin is 5 inches taller than Dortch and trained in a bigtime program every day with a bunch of future NFL players.

He also made this catch, in a huge fucking game, which is better than any catch I've ever seen Dortch make.

LOL. Bachman had a better catch than that.

Several of the best WR in the league didn’t even go to P5 schools.

Last edited:
Terry Godwin is 5 inches taller than Dortch and trained in a bigtime program every day with a bunch of future NFL players.

He also made this catch, in a huge fucking game, which is better than any catch I've ever seen Dortch make.

Biff is almost always on point, and funny as shit, but Dortch’s miraculous game with a lacerated spleen or intestine or whatever, versus Louisville last year, is far better than anything Godwin has ever done.

Good news is it looks like Jets did not draft a WR, Rams did not draft a WR or QB (did take the RB from Memphis) and 49ers did not draft a S. Saw some Jets website that claimed Dortch had a good chance to make the 53 man roster.

The Jets are a perfect place for Greg. They had a Pro Bowl returner who left in free agency. Their WR corps is thin and Sam loves to chuck it. Haynes went to a good situation in Seattle, with Wilson handing out Amazon stock certificates to his OL. Good luck to all the Deacs who are moving on.

1) too bad dortch ended up with the jets
2) biff really sucks as a poster now and that’s sad

I really think Dortch could have helped himself by coming back and making it through a season healthy. Durability (or lack thereof) is a big deal when you’re getting paid to play, and for all of his production, Dortch was never able to stay on the field consistently.

Back