• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dortch leaving for NFL

I wonder if this means Hinton might stay. I gather there may be some hard feelings between Hinton and Clawson but Hinton looked pretty good yesterday in the slot. I would imagine he could excel as a kick/punt returner as well.

Football is a much tougher game than basketball, if you are going to be a fairly high NFL draft pick, you need to take the money.

Which is why you must stay in school till you're a fully developed 22-year old.

Curious to see what type of 40 time he puts up. Remember his HS times were underwhelming.

Yes, and the resulting projections of him as a college football player were all wrong. In this day and age, NFL teams look beyond 40 times. Dortch is so skilled and elusive; think he will be a solid NFL player.

I wonder if this means Hinton might stay. I gather there may be some hard feelings between Hinton and Clawson but Hinton looked pretty good yesterday in the slot. I would imagine he could excel as a kick/punt returner as well.

Guess there could be hard feelings between the two but truth is, Hinton screwed up and that's on him. I really hope he comes back because I think he would be awesome with some more work at receiver.

Still waiting for someone to give some objective analysis on why they believe Dortch will be a quality NFL player.

You expect Wake fans to be objective? At least give it a few hours before NFL types weight in.

Tim Duncan stayed at Wake Forest for four years. Just sayin'.

Tim Duncan stayed for reasons no other possible early entrant has had. He was thought to have two good shots at winning a national championship.

Len Bias stayed four years and you know what happened to him.

Hate to see him leave. His major contribution was to raise the level of play of the entire receiving corp from tenuous to good. He became the "bar" for quality and helped elevate expectations for Deacon receivers. No small achievement.

Curious to see what type of 40 time he puts up. Remember his HS times were underwhelming.

3 years ago his 40 was 4.66 at a HS combine I don't put much into that. I think he's obviously developed into a much faster and better player that he was projected to be. Age 18 to 21 is a long time to develop strength and speed. Not sure he's running a 4.3, but a 4.45 puts him on a lot of team's draft boards.

Randall Cobb's (Who declared as a junior) college tape looks a lot like Dortch, and he ran a 4.46.

Tim Duncan stayed for reasons no other possible early entrant has had. He was thought to have two good shots at winning a national championship.

You don't think a college basketball team with Kobe Bryant or Allen Iverson would have a chance at a national championship ? Honestly their teams would probably have a better chance at a championship than Duncan's since those guys would have the ball in their hands.

Good for him, but I wanted to see him play a full season for Wake without injury and with a steady QB situation.

But that’s just me being selfish

Hope he does very well in the NFL.

Why is anyone bothering to respond to an obviously trolling biff?

What in the fuck does Tim Duncan have to do with Greg Dortch?

All I'm saying is that Dortch had a chance to be the next Tim Duncan at Wake Forest and he threw it away.

He should go. He has proven everything he can in college football and has experienced some injuries along the way. Football is too dangerous of a sport to delay your pro career if you can be drafted first four rounds (which I expect Greg to be).

Make that money for ad long as you can and represent your school well. He is making the right call.

Taylor Gabriel and Tarik Cohen of the Bears are both 5’8” or under. If you can make plays and stay healthy, you can make it in the NFL and Greg can certainly make plays. He is a good route runner, has great hands, reasonable speed, great shiftiness, and great vision. I think he will be successful and wish him luck. Glad he played for the Deacs. Looking forward to watching Groulx and Greene next year and beyond.

Too short but very spectacular career at Wake. Thanks for all the great plays.

Good luck with the NFL career. May it be long and productive.

My guess is clawson had an idea that Greg was going to go pro and this led in some way to landing our two 4 star WR recruits. I get the sentiment of what if we had Bates and dortch next year, but players developing that fast and getting paid a lot will only continue to help recruiting. I'm really excited about next year

Goodness gracious y’all did you not see this after his first year on the field.

Back