• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dortch leaving for NFL

I believe that Dortch made the right decision and think he can have a great NFL career, but let's not act like there haven't been a lot of guys with good college numbers that were indeed limited by their size in the NFL.

Ryan Switzer's numbers his final year at UNC are pretty similar to Dortch's this year, for example, and they have pretty similar physical characteristics. He's on his third team in two years.

Like a lot of guys, I think his success will depend a good bit on what QB and coaching staff he ends up with and how he is deployed.

Ryan Switzer is in the NFL and plays. He’s in his second season. He got drafted by the Cowboys and traded twice. He’s had 35 rec this year. If he’s the cautionary tale for Dortch, Dortch made the right choice. There are plenty of big WR who will never have the career Switzer has had.

Dortch will be 20 years old at the draft. That should help his prospects.

Last edited:
Definitely. I have no doubt Greg will be a productive NFL WR at some point; he's so slippery and nearly impossible to square up in the open field, and there are just too many really productive, similarly smallish WRs who have carved out nice careers for themselves to make me think Greg will fail where they've succeeded.

No doubt ? Okay.

Ryan Switzer is in the NFL and plays. He’s in his second season. He got drafted by the Cowboys and traded twice. He’s had 35 rec this year. If he’s the cautionary tale for Dortch, Dortch made the right choice. There are plenty of big WR who will never have the career Switzer has had.

Dortch will be 20 years old at the draft. That should help his prospects.

Yup. I think Dortch will have no problem getting drafted and getting paid in the NFL. Now how much will he be used or how good he will be remains to be seen of course. I wish nothing but the best for him. Nice dude.

Dortch as a sophomore is better than Switzer as a senior. I would be disappointed if 3 years from now they are seen as equals.

With the Combine this week, I'm gonna say that my prognostication for Dortch's line is 5'8, 180 lbs, a 4.5 40 time and a 6.5 time for 3 cone drill.

With the Combine this week, I'm gonna say that my prognostication for Dortch's line is 5'8, 180 lbs, a 4.5 40 time and a 6.5 time for 3 cone drill.

Dortch is quicker than he is fast. If he can run under a 4.55 then I would think that bodes well. But should have some of the better quickness times.

Man, I hope he does better than last in 5th. I think he can be a nice contributor. I wish he stayed but inj last year...get paid!

This guy gets it
https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/2/23...ns-should-make-sure-they-arent-caught-looking

Strengths
- Excellent athleticism, quickness, agility, and speed.
- Superb route runner, sets guys up from the release point. Smooth and quick release allows him to gain ground fast and get past them. Footwork is really good and he shows good attention to detail.
- Strong natural hands, can haul in soft easy catches as well as make the circus grabs. Dangerous at all levels of the field with his catch ability and ability to create separation. Athleticism and speed make him a problem on the run.
- Reliable and consistent player, has that big play ability, and has a high floor with his catch and route running ability and high ceiling with him being so young.
- Has versatility as a returner on special teams.

Was looking at a couple of draft sites, and 1 had him in the 130s and the other had him in the 260s. I think he'll go somewhere between the late 4th and the 6th.

An inch isn't that much.

Yikes 5'7" cant be good for the draft status since most thought he was 5'9", correct?

Yikes 5'7" cant be good for the draft status since most thought he was 5'9", correct?

Not good but not the be all and end all. Still think he gets drafted and makes a roster. Every team can use a quick slot WR who runs good routes and who can return kicks.

Back