• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Team and Season Outlook for 2019

Probably not too many teams starting out with 3 Power 5 conference foes.

Yeah exactly. Not a brutal three-game stretch on its own, but to start a season you'd figure there'd be a cupcake thrown in there. And typically would have more than one home game as well

Yeah exactly. Not a brutal three-game stretch on its own, but to start a season you'd figure there'd be a cupcake thrown in there. And typically would have more than one home game as well

Feel sorry for them?!?@?
F 'em and the horse they rode in on. The day I have sympathy for heels fball will be the day I die. Their arrogance knows no bounds.

Very big news. With Dortch gone, Hinton is the best playmaker we have. He looked great during the bowl game.

I agree. Should be good over the middle and should be able to get YAC

Very big news. With Dortch gone, Hinton is the best playmaker we have. He looked great during the bowl game.

With a whole offseason, spring and fall camp to work on actually being a receiver, he's got the potential to be very good I think.

With a whole offseason, spring and fall camp to work on actually being a receiver, he's got the potential to be very good I think.

Completely agree. Much like Kenny Moore and DJ Moore with Panthers he is sneaky quick and has RB type abilities in making people miss and finding the cracks. Really excited to what kind of season he can have next year. WR corps is huge strength with Groulx and Greene along with Washington, Sage, Robertson and now Hinton. Hinton can really open up the playbook for us and really keep Ds on their toes when he is on the field.

Hopefully we'll see some 4 WR sets this year. Was hinted at before last year with Hines and Dortch before Hines left.

Completely agree. Much like Kenny Moore and DJ Moore with Panthers he is sneaky quick and has RB type abilities in making people miss and finding the cracks. Really excited to what kind of season he can have next year. WR corps is huge strength with Groulx and Greene along with Washington, Sage, Robertson and now Hinton. Hinton can really open up the playbook for us and really keep Ds on their toes when he is on the field.

Roberson*

With Hinton and Roberson in the slot, it may alleviate pressure to play Groulx past the 4-game allotment (unless Groulx is just that good).

I think Groulx is that good and will split time in the Bachman role.

Elon for homecoming.

Been a while since we've had homecoming against an FCS school IIRC

Hinton will be the next Randall Cobb. Mark it down. Great to have him back.

OFY! Just turned a crap day into a fantastic one.

Side note: Hinton turned that bowl game around which may have been lost in the shuffle of that wild game. He made 2 big catches and one third down conversion to open the drive after we went down 28-10. If we go three and out there it would've felt like the team was on life support. He definitely altered the momentum at that point in the game on that drive. Here's to a 2019 where Hinton rips it up in the slot. Let's GO!

He's Baaaaaack!

We are going to be one exciting football team next year.

JUST REPORTED ON TWITTER THAT HINTON IS RETURNING AND WILL PLAY WR.

great news

Season outlook just got better. Always need explosive play guys. Cade Carney may be bread and butter, but Hinton can be hot sauce.

Back