• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Team and Season Outlook for 2019

An 8-0 start would create a level of hype I haven't had the chance to experience as a fan. Would like to see us get into the top 25 which is a real possibility if we get through @BC at 5-0.

Another downside to UNC on Thursday...much of the national broadcast will involve slobber and Mack Brown's johnson.

Not if we're beating that ass. It's a little annoying that it's a Thursday night since I'll be coming from Raleigh, but the payoff from beating UNC on national television would be large. I'm not upset.

An 8-0 start would create a level of hype I haven't had the chance to experience as a fan. Would like to see us get into the top 25 which is a real possibility if we get through @BC at 5-0.

It'd also be cool if we could get to Clemson still in the division race.

Granted, we would then command their full attention

8-0 start incoming

Y'all are really discounting a two loss Utah State team, who is returning their starting QB as well as a RB who scored 10 TDs last year. Gary Andersen was a solid coach at Utah State and his new staff seems impressive as well.

It'll be a tough game. Not taking anything for granted.

On the plus side they had 10 senior starters this year, including 4/5 of their offensive line

Not if we're beating that ass. It's a little annoying that it's a Thursday night since I'll be coming from Raleigh, but the payoff from beating UNC on national television would be large. I'm not upset.

I bet that'll be an ACC Network game and not ESPN.

Outside of opening night Thursday night games aren't a conference network thing, but are an ESPN thing. Barring something weird it should be on ESPN

I assume they will recognize Coach Wes Miller, Cole Anthony and the rest of the MBB team at the U*NC game.

Y'all are really discounting a two loss Utah State team, who is returning their starting QB as well as a RB who scored 10 TDs last year. Gary Andersen was a solid coach at Utah State and his new staff seems impressive as well.

If we were playing there I would be worried but playing at home is a huge advantage. I think they were a bit overrated last year as Mountain West was weak as they don't have any quality Ws that jump out to you as Air Force, BYU and others were .500ish/mediocre teams and they lost to a very suspect Mich. St. as well as losing their one tough game against Boise State. Add to that losing 4 of 5 of their OL, 5 of their D and a coaching change and I think we win by 10+.

Again assuming no major injuries/losses to start the year as we experienced this past season.

Utah State's RB is going to the NFL. Surprised Jordan Love isn't transferring or also going pro. Could be waiting to graduate in the spring and then transfer.

Quite a lot of black and gold koolaid on this thread. Would be happy with 6-2 after 8 games to lock a bowl , and 4-4 could happen. UNC, BC, Florida State and State are all going to be tough games. Wish we caught State earlier with a new QB. Both UNC and Florida State return a high percentage of starters, and the talent level (maybe not the coaching) is always high at those two programs.

If we were playing there I would be worried but playing at home is a huge advantage. I think they were a bit overrated last year as Mountain West was weak as they don't have any quality Ws that jump out to you as Air Force, BYU and others were .500ish/mediocre teams and they lost to a very suspect Mich. St. as well as losing their one tough game against Boise State. Add to that losing 4 of 5 of their OL, 5 of their D and a coaching change and I think we win by 10+.

Again assuming no major injuries/losses to start the year as we experienced this past season.

Wonder what their fans are saying about us.

If there was only an Internet.

This schedule will be tough. We will still be relatively inexperienced at the skill positions. I love what Clawson has accomplished; but we will still be outmanned against almost every ACC team we play. And Mack Brown may be old but he is a shrewd coach.

This schedule will be tough. We will still be relatively inexperienced at the skill positions. I love what Clawson has accomplished; but we will still be outmanned against almost every ACC team we play. And Mack Brown may be old but he is a shrewd coach.

Huh?

Dad?

Back