• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Team and Season Outlook for 2019

This schedule will be tough. We will still be relatively inexperienced at the skill positions. I love what Clawson has accomplished; but we will still be outmanned against almost every ACC team we play. And Mack Brown may be old but he is a shrewd coach.

Maybe true but I think the program has a lot of momentum right now. The UNC game will no doubt be tougher than a lot of folks think. I still think Wake goes bowling for a 4th straight year. The question I ask though, is what will the record be going into the bowl game. In Clawson I trust.

It'd also be cool if we could get to Clemson still in the division race.
Granted, we would then command their full attention

Odds never favor any program not regularly in Top 25 to go 8 and 0.
If WF is 8 and 0 going into Death Valley then WF will upset Clemson.
Call it a crazy prediction but WF can’t get to 8 and 0 unless good enough to upset a Clemson in Death Valley. All the Bama fans and Clemson haters would be our new friends, even among the refs.

That’s silly. The odds of being better than all 8 of those teams on that given day are lower than the odds of beating Clemson in Death Valley in what would be a marquee game.

Last edited:
Odds never favor any program not regularly in Top 25 to go 9 and 0.
If WF is 9 and 0 going into Death Valley then WF will upset Clemson.
Call it a crazy prediction but WF can’t get to 8 and 0 unless good enough to upset a Clemson in Death Valley. All the Bama fans and Clemson haters would be our new friends, even among the refs.
FIFM

Help me understand how a conference opponent isn’t a conference game

Its a weird deal worked out between Wake and uNC because the conference didn't schedule a game between the two teams for many years. So they are playing each other, but the game does not count as a conference game. Just as a non-conference P5 game for both.

Makes more sense and creates more interest than playing Tulane or Vandy.

This schedule will be tough. We will still be relatively inexperienced at the skill positions. I love what Clawson has accomplished; but we will still be outmanned against almost every ACC team we play. And Mack Brown may be old but he is a shrewd coach.

Cade Carney, Scotty Washington, Sage Surratt, and Jack Freudenthal may wish to offer differing opinions on the underlined.

That’s silly. The odds of being better than all 8 of those teams on that given day are lower than the odds of beating Clemson in Death Valley in what would be a marquee game.
I assume you meant greater rather than “lower.” I certainly welcome the chance WF goes 9 and 0 to see if my prediction is both crazy and silly! I’m biased towards momentum over math. But by definition a drought does end with rain.

I assume you meant greater rather than “lower.” I certainly welcome the chance WF goes 9 and 0 to see if my prediction is both crazy and silly! I’m biased towards momentum over math. But by definition a drought does end with rain.

Pretty sure he means lower. The odds of us going 8-0 are lower than the odds of us beating Clemson in 1 single game.

Red Sox have a homestand the weekend of the BC game. Good road trip.

While I like having two bye weeks, I don't like having them both in October.

Cade Carney, Scotty Washington, Sage Surratt, and Jack Freudenthal may wish to offer differing opinions on the underlined.

Jack is a great story. From a rather small walk-on to a decent sized starter and contributor who became a hero with his game winning catch at State. And he's back for another years. Gotta love it.

Pretty sure he means lower. The odds of us going 8-0 are lower than the odds of us beating Clemson in 1 single game.

Greater odds means something is less likely to occur. Lower odds is more likely to occur. It is unclear what he means.

Can we just fast forward to July? It's gonna be a long 7.5 months to wait for some CLAW Football.

WAKE FOREST
Date Opponent
Aug. 30 UTAH STATE (Fri.)
Sept. 7 at Rice
Sept. 12 NORTH CAROLINA (Thurs.) (non-conference)
Sept. 21 ELON
Sept. 28 at Boston College
Oct. 12 LOUISVILLE
Oct. 19 FLORIDA STATE
Nov. 2 NC STATE
Nov. 9 at Virginia Tech
Nov. 16 at Clemson
Nov. 23 DUKE
Nov. 30 at Syracuse

Which do you think will be Homecoming Weekend?

Back