• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Team and Season Outlook for 2019

Which do you think will be Homecoming Weekend?

I would put the smart money on Elon. With Parent’s Weekend maybe being FSU, duke, or Louisville. duke makes sense from a ticket sales perspective, but that’s probably too late also Senior 5th. State and probably Louisville will being enough fans to sell tickets. FSU right now, maybe not.

I'll guess and say Elon for Parent's weekend and FSU for Homecoming.

8 or 9 total wins (including a bowl game win) should be the goal. Its achievable barring a season marred by injuries like this past one.

My money is on Louisville for Homecoming. In any case, decent hotels in W-S are hard to find for that weekend, which tells me some people are aware

If the team could manage to go 8-4 and get to a decent bowl game I would be ecstatic. As many have said, the key is to avoid injuries. Wake is never going to have the depth of other teams but our first team can compete with almost anyone. Clemson might be a stretch but we can eke out a win against anyone else on the schedule.

I'll be at the Syracuse game so any old Theta Chis out there who want to come up can stay at my house that weekend. We have room for 6 or 8 of you at least.

Greater odds means something is less likely to occur. Lower odds is more likely to occur. It is unclear what he means.
In a gambling context but not in an english language context. When you say there is greater odds of something happening that means it's more likely to happen

Hope I'm not overly optimistic like normal, but with this schedule I really could see 9-3 or 10-2 with losses to Clemson, Syracuse and Virginia Tech. Not sure how good Syracuse is gonna be with Dungey gone or VT but this schedule allows for a special season.

Think the losses of Yarbury and Rodney are going to hurt more than we think.

I think both OL and DL will come together and be solid units at some point in 2019.

W/L record will depend on quickly both lines gel.

I peeked at the UNC-CH schedule and we're actually their third opponent:

Aug. 31 vs. South Carolina (Belk College Kickoff , Charlotte, N.C.)
Sept. 7 MIAMI
Sept. 12 at Wake Forest (Thurs.) (non-conference)

Lots of uncertainty with UNC-CH and their opponents, so they'll roll into W-S 2-0 or 1-1 and feeling pretty good about things or 0-2 and in desperation mode.

Think the losses of Yarbury and Rodney are going to hurt more than we think.

I think both OL and DL will come together and be solid units at some point in 2019.

W/L record will depend on quickly both lines gel.

Think the defense will be better next year for sure. Offensive losses will sting more because the OL and Dortch were top level ACC talent.

I hope they beat Miami in a hard-fought, close game to go 1-1. Would rather have them riding high-ish than desperate.

I hope they beat Miami in a hard-fought, close game to go 1-1. Would rather have them riding high-ish than desperate.

I'm guessing they'll be 0-2 and we'll be aiming to put a nail in their coffin.

Yeah, damn, that is a brutal opening for the Heels. I almost feel sorry for them

Yeah, damn, that is a brutal opening for the Heels. I almost feel sorry for them

Brutal?

None of those teams will be ranked to start 2019. Miami is breaking in a new coach (again) and are always mediocre at best. The Canes have been living off their success in the 80s and 90s; keep in mind, Miami and UVA are the only two teams in the Coastal never have won that weak division, and they have been in the ACC for 15 years.

Over the last 5 years, SC's record is 32-32. Granted UNC isn't playing Presby and Western Carolina to start the season, but don't see a SC, Miami, WF start to a season as murderer's row.

Brutal?

None of those teams will be ranked to start 2019. Miami is breaking in a new coach (again) and are always mediocre at best. The Canes have been living off their success in the 80s and 90s; keep in mind, Miami and UVA are the only two teams in the Coastal never have won that weak division, and they have been in the ACC for 15 years.

Over the last 5 years, SC's record is 32-32. Granted UNC isn't playing Presby and Western Carolina to start the season, but don't see a SC, Miami, WF start to a season as murderer's row.

Probably not too many teams starting out with 3 Power 5 conference foes.

Back