• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Team and Season Outlook for 2019

DeacAssured

Reaction score
Who will be in the rotation?
Who starts?
Who do we beat?
Wins/losses?
Better than 2018?
Team captains will be?
Win more at home or away?
More fans watching in the stadium than last year?

Who will be in the rotation?
Who starts?
Who do we beat?
Wins/losses?
Better than 2018?
Team captains will be?
Win more at home or away?
More fans watching in the stadium than last year?

Hopefully we see more than 2 wins at home next year.

Newman/Hartman, Newman, 7-5 pre bowl, yes, Carney ,Strnad, Gilliam, Home for a change, Yes, a few Think this team cannot be as torn up by injuries next year so we should be better and deeper. We have two experienced quarterbacks, great receivers, what should be a solid O-Line, I think the D-Line will be young but solid, Linebacker should be a strength, 2 Senior DBs with young backups, Got to fill in safetys but I feel we have young men(Greer/ MAsterson/Woulyard) ready to play but they will have a learning curve. Sciba was solid after a rough start, Dom has one more year with Mora in the wings. Go Deacs, I think a fourth bowl in a row and another win are real possibilities.

I have the game against the Tar Holes at BB@T circled on my calendar in September. That should be fun with their savior Mack back in the fold. Really hope Hinton comes back as I feel like he could have a great year in the slot and returning kicks.

Newman to start but we'll use Hartman a few games. Ideally he'll redshirt after using his 4 games and we'll have 3 years of Hartman, 2 of which he's the starter.

Utah St - Win
@Rice - Win
UNC - Win
Elon - Win
@BC - Loss
@Clemson - Loss
@Cuse - Loss
@Virginia Tech - Win
Duke - Win
FSU - Win
UL - Win
NCSU - Win

9-3 (5-3)

Bassey, Strnad, Gilliam, Carney, Boogie... 3 of those 5 will be captains

We'll be better than last season and we'll win more at home(7-0 undefeated) than away(2-3)

Our attendance will be slightly better than last season but we'll still be shaking our heads at times during big games when it's 70% full.

I say we win our bowl game and win 10 games. Our fan base will be terrified that Clawson will be ripped away from us but we negotiate a 7 year deal worth zillions of dollars while Clawson lets to fan base know he's a Deac for life and would never take another job, even ND and Stanford.

A man can dream

If we can stay healthy i really like the team:

- Newman will get better with reps
- agree redshirt Hartman unless he’s needed
- OL and WR should be very good, even with key losses
- who steps up in RB rotation? TBH i expected more from Beal-Smith.
- D should continue to improve, with lots of good young talent. Still need to develop natural pass rush from front 4 - that’s what killed us this year. We just could never get there without sending people and exposing our coverage.
- kicking game in good hands.

Favorable schedule - but who knows. Really beating Elon (and prob Rice) and losing to Clemson are only sure things. Every other game will have line < 7 in all likelihood.

Newman to start but we'll use Hartman a few games. Ideally he'll redshirt after using his 4 games and we'll have 3 years of Hartman, 2 of which he's the starter.

Utah St - Win
@Rice - Win
UNC - Win
Elon - Win
@BC - Loss
@Clemson - Loss
@Cuse - Loss
@Virginia Tech - Win
Duke - Win
FSU - Win
UL - Win
NCSU - Win

9-3 (5-3)

We'll be better than last season and we'll win more at home(7-0 undefeated) than away(2-3)

Our attendance will be slightly better than last season but we'll still be shaking our heads at times during big games when it's 70% full.

I say we win our bowl game and win 10 games. Our fan base will be terrified that Clawson will be ripped away from us but we negotiate a 7 year deal worth zillions of dollars while Clawson lets to fan base know he's a Deac for life and would never take another job, even ND and Stanford.

A man can dream

What is the word on AJ Dillon's NFL plans? I assume he is going as has to be a top 5 pick if he leaves now as he is a beast. If so I think that game turns to an expected W for the Deacs.

What is the word on AJ Dillon's NFL plans? I assume he is going as has to be a top 5 pick if he leaves now as he is a beast. If so I think that game turns to an expected W for the Deacs.

Dillon is a true sophomore. Can't go until after next season.

Heading to Rice. Hope it's an early start, then head to Austin for UT vs LSU. If its a night game. Hopfully the Astros are in town.

I'll be optimistic like Creamy with 9-3, although week 1 scares me. Anyone know if Jordan Love may grad transfer after 3 years and follow his coach to Texas Tech (or go elsewhere)?

Utah St - Win
@Rice - Win
UNC - Win
Elon - Win
@BC - Win
@Clemson - Loss
@Cuse - Win
@Virginia Tech - Loss
Duke - Win
FSU - Loss
UL - Win
NCSU - Win

Utah St - Win
@Rice - Win
UNC - Win
Elon - Win
@BC - Loss
@Clemson - Loss
@Cuse - Loss
@Virginia Tech - Win
Duke - Win
FSU - Win
UL - Win
NCSU - Win

9-3 (5-3)

A man can dream

What’s the point of sports fandom without a dream. I’m on board, Creamy. Make it happen, Deacs!

Schedule is slightly easier as WF drops #3 ND and at Tulane for the last place in the Coastal -- UNC and Utah State (both working in new coaches; even so, Utah State has a star in QB Jordan Love), but neither game will be easy. While WF drops the 1st place team in the Coastal (Pitt) for VT, VT should be improved next year as the Hokies also suffered a ton of injuries and were very young in 2018.

Assuming improvement from the returning players and better health, 7 or 8 regular season wins is doable. Can't wait for the season to start!

I'll be optimistic like Creamy with 9-3, although week 1 scares me. Anyone know if Jordan Love may grad transfer after 3 years and follow his coach to Texas Tech (or go elsewhere)?

Utah St - Win
@Rice - Win
UNC - Win
Elon - Win
@BC - Win
@Clemson - Loss
@Cuse - Win
@Virginia Tech - Loss
Duke - Win
FSU - Loss
UL - Win
NCSU - Win

If Jordan Love leaves Utah State, would think it would be for the NFL, not another college. He is 6-4, can run and throw.

True - another option. Was thinking he could grad transfer to a P5 program and boost his stock (doesn't seem to be scouted much yet).

If Jordan Love leaves Utah State, would think it would be for the NFL, not another college. He is 6-4, can run and throw.

Especially now that Herbert is off the board.

Four straight ACC road games in the middle of the schedule is brutal.

I'm going to Blacksburg for my first game at Lane Stadium. That and UNC @ Wake are the two I'm most excited about, with State a close third.

Back