• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs - Saturday 12/29 2 pm ACC Network

He could take over games but just seems to go through the motions. A good coach would motivate him to play with more intensity. And yes, I’m miserable after 9 years of this shit.

I’m sure he’s playing like he’s being instructed to play.

After 9 years, haven’t we learned that blaming the kids is bullshit?

What makes you say this? He might be smart but I have yet to see any evidence of it in anything he has done or said.

He was ranked at the top of his class at Page before moving to Kansas. NOT. He’s a bone head.

I’m sure he’s playing like he’s being instructed to play.

After 9 years, haven’t we learned that blaming the kids is bullshit?

Just meant to say his lack of a motor on the court mirrors the personality of his coach. I’m not blaming Hoard. It’s on Manning.

What makes you say this? He might be smart but I have yet to see any evidence of it in anything he has done or said.
I have a few contacts that are pretty close to NBA stuff that all say he is pretty knowledgeable but it doesn't outwardly manifest.

I have a few contacts that are pretty close to NBA stuff that all say he is pretty knowledgeable but it doesn't outwardly manifest.

This comment at first glance seems pretty knowledgeable but, upon reflection, doesn't outwardly manifest.

1) I cannot believe I just wasted nearly 2 hours of my life watching this replay, but when you're sick and can barely move...luckily I already knew the outcome. I know better than to expect them to win. What a horribly played BB game. Just brutal.

2) Whenever you give up over 30 FT attempts to a Big South school, you are really bad. Ditto for committing 29 personal fouls!! Really? Goodness gracious.

3) I knew our offense was stagnant from watching a few games earlier in the year, but this was incredibly bad. No one moves without the ball other than Mucius but he seems to move into areas that congest the lane or low post. So when you shoot 3 of your first 20 3-pt shoots against a non-P5 school, you deserve to lose.

4) Why does Ikenna Smart play? He's pretty bad, or Laster is just that good. Sarr definitely seemed more comfortable and had some moments, but man is he glued to the floor and then add weak hands to the equation and he is just high-potential, no payoff. But might as well let him start, then manage his minutes carefully. A lineup with Smart & Johnson to start the game is naturally limited on offense.

5) I don't know what's more impressive? Managing to not score for nearly 6 minutes against a pretty average, run of the mill Big South squad, going 0-15, or somehow managing to score 24 points in under 2:30 of the game? I know there were fouls galore, but how does that even happen? Not like they did anything special, some bad fouls by GW down the stretch. Also, during GW "epic" run to build the lead, they only managed to score on roughly 9 out of 22 or 23 trips, including some FT's, so it's not like they were lights out. We were just THAT BAD.

This comment at first glance seems pretty knowledgeable but, upon reflection, doesn't outwardly manifest.
Touche.

On a related note, I don't really care to continue this discussion. He's a complete dolt when it comes to running a good college program so his knowledge outside the court means little to most of us.

Can we beat Cornell?

Will anyone care if we do? Only thing that matters -- and this is all relative -- is whether we can actually compete with a very mediocre to bad Tech team in Atlanta? Will probably be a blowout like always but a "good" performance on the road in the ACC is the only indicator that might mean something. I know, I'm really reaching.

They won’t.

"You’re sitting at 6-5 in the non-conference with just one more game coming against Cornell. You’ve had losses to Houston Baptist and Gardner Webb. The ACC slate is much more unforgiving that that. How can you possibly have things turned around to have these guys ready to compete against the best of the best in just the next week?"

I still can’t figure out why Hoard even decided to come. Could have gone anywhere.

You know what pisses me off more than anything about the state of our B-ball program? The emails I get after Wake somehow wins a game, both in proclaiming our victory and those with a kind reminder to donate to Wake Will.

Do the fucking idiots in charge realize how much money is being lost by not having a winning program? If they spent half as much time with a coaching search as they did holding their hands out, they’d have 10X the amount of revenue as they do now.

Hoard certainly does play lazy. Don't know if he's lazy per se, but he sure as hell looked like he couldn't give a crap today.

Honestly, put yourself in Hoard’s shoes. Would you give a crap at this point if you were him? I know I wouldn’t.

More importantly is how poorly his talents are being utilized. He will leave next year and it will take a long time before we get another player like him. He could be a dominant force for us...

Today's game was proof positive that no matter how bad something seems it can always get worse. Twenty more games to prove that point.

Today's game was proof positive that no matter how bad something seems it can always get worse. Twenty more games to prove that point.

My God. We are only a third of the way in and we’ve only played one good team.

Honestly, put yourself in Hoard’s shoes. Would you give a crap at this point if you were him? I know I wouldn’t.

More importantly is how poorly his talents are being utilized. He will leave next year and it will take a long time before we get another player like him. He could be a dominant force for us...

Not sure he can get drafted the way he is playing. I am sure he is regretting his decision to come to Wake.

It would be crazy for any decent recruit to come to Wake right now if he has any other options.

Back