• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs - Saturday 12/29 2 pm ACC Network

Nothing good had ever come from the kp threads being game threads.

Ken Pom is certainly up there on the list of things that is killing college basketball. When you live a world where you're #36 in some random metric that's thrown in your face, instead of 5th in the ACC, people are going to care less. The nerds are gonna kill basketball, and I support it.

"You’re sitting at 6-5 in the non-conference with just one more game coming against Cornell. You’ve had losses to Houston Baptist and Gardner Webb. The ACC slate is much more unforgiving that that. How can you possibly have things turned around to have these guys ready to compete against the best of the best in just the next week?"

That’s a good question. Thanks for asking it. How did he reply? What was the overall mood of the presser?

Just like any other post game with him. . . non-answers, mostly. Conor did some good follow-ups on all the turnovers.

https://247sports.com/college/wake-...all-in-73-69-loss-to-Gardner-Webb--126999303/
I am not a big fan of this answer as it really seems like he's blaming the players:
Manning: “We have to come out and continue to take steps. That’s the thing. There is no hidden recipe other than coming in and wanting to get better every day — wanting to improve and wanting to continue to stack days. That’s what it’s all about, whether it’s in practice going drill-to-drill, from today-to-tomorrow, or this game to the next game. That’s got to be the mindset every time you step out onto the court.”

But it's not surprising as he's regularly made reference to the players being a part of the reason why the team is underperforming over his tenure at WF.

Player-speak from Childress and coach-speak from Manning. They're not going to say anything to fan the flames.

I am not a big fan of this answer as it really seems like he's blaming the players:
Manning: “We have to come out and continue to take steps. That’s the thing. There is no hidden recipe other than coming in and wanting to get better every day — wanting to improve and wanting to continue to stack days. That’s what it’s all about, whether it’s in practice going drill-to-drill, from today-to-tomorrow, or this game to the next game. That’s got to be the mindset every time you step out onto the court.”

But it's not surprising as he's regularly made reference to the players being a part of the reason why the team is underperforming over his tenure at WF.

Is there any evidence that Manning comes in and wants to get better every day?

Stacking days in practice doesn't help if you aren't practicing the right things.

“As a point guard of this team, I shot it poorly today. I have to do a better job of taking better shots. I have to get in the gym and keep working. We have to keep moving forward.

Well at least our point guard knows what the role of a traditional point guard should be. No need to distribute and get others involved.

Danny Manning is pretty smart but it doesn't translate to coaching. He has no clue how to manage a basketball team, especially during games, and he is boring as hell.

C'mon. Danny has 20+ years of elite basketball experience, and he has no idea where to start with this team. With that level of experience, coaching this team should be second nature. A box of rocks would do a better job coaching our team.

Manning: “We have to come out and continue to take steps. That’s the thing.

What? "We have to come out and continue to take steps." What in the hell does that mean?? My cat is more articulate than that.

Why would anyone listen to 5 seconds of Danny Manning talk, never mind a whole press conference? The guy is the dullest person I have ever heard talk. And I truly mean that.

Back