• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

KP Report Gardner-Webb Runnin' Bulldogs - Saturday 12/29 2 pm ACC Network

No need to be a dick. Attacking the student athletes, in my opinion, is a really bad look. Especially insulting their intelligence.

He's talking about his "basketball IQ" asshat. And, he's 100% correct. His basketball IQ is horrendous!

No need to be a dick. Attacking the student athletes, in my opinion, is a really bad look. Especially insulting their intelligence.
Lol, so you've gone through life without ever saying a college athlete did or said dumb things?

He's talking about his "basketball IQ" asshat. And, he's 100% correct. His basketball IQ is horrendous!

No he wasn’t. You really need work on reading comprehension. He was responding to the post-game quote from Childress.

Did anyone attend this debacle? Crowd report? Couldn't have been more than 4-5k.

Did anyone attend this debacle? Crowd report? Couldn't have been more than 4-5k.

It was pretty empty. I think most people were baby race participants or supporters.

There was a decent number of GW fans.

It was pretty empty. I think most people were baby race participants or supporters.

There was a decent number of GW fans.

I would estimate 5000. Official box score has 5900. The baby race was easily the highlight of the game.

Little Chill is unsmart.
Lol, so you've gone through life without ever saying a college athlete did or said dumb things?
There are about a million better ways to bitch about our terrible basketball program than to call individual players stupid, especially when all they're doing is just giving the company line in a post game interview.

They shouldn't be making the players answer questions after games like this to start with. Always reminds me of Ish Smith's freshman year when they paraded him out to explain a 40 point walloping they had just taken at Cameron. Poor Ish.

I agree, the players don’t know what to say situations like this. They’re just going to recite what they’ve heard from every other player growing up. It’s the man making millions who should be accountable and feeling the heat.

Manning never says anything. It's like he took a course on how to speak with no information at all coming from his mouth.

It's kinda like he is pretending to be a coach and saying things he has heard real coaches say.

"just got to keep taking steps and stacking days". I mean, are we really supposed to believe this crap during YEAR 5! As if every other team isn't taking steps and stacking days. Pathetic to be in this position in Year 5. Listening to Clawson during the Cotton Bowl broadcast and listening to Manning are so night and say. Never once has he taking personal responsibility beyond "we all have to do better." Never does he actually provide detailed insight into anything specific, whether it be a particular player or team strategy. Listen to Clawson each week and he will tell you damn near everything about the other team and their players/scheme etc.

I was disappointed when he was hired as I thought we could do better. His intro press conference was terrible. However, I clung to the idea that he might be able to really recruit. What I didn't count on was his inability to actually create an environment where players wanted to stay.

Manning never says anything. It's like he took a course on how to speak with no information at all coming from his mouth.

It's kinda like he is pretending to be a coach and saying things he has heard real coaches say.

It reminds me of the expression: "better to be quiet, and thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"...

The fact that a thread in the pit detailing the death of American Cheese has as many posts as the thread about our loss at home to Gardner Webb is the clearest indication of the apathy surrounding this program so far.

Dan would ask tough questions to Wellman and coaches. But not the guys covering the team now. What a misery it must be to cover WF hoops now.

No, Dan didn’t ask the tough questions you are wanting. Why are you assholes attacking the media here? This isn’t their fault. #mwga

Believe me, there are many people who think Gardner-Webb is a department store....

Back