• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Dave Clawson will be one of 4 coaches for ESPN Coaches Film Room for Clemson/ND

The guys on the Clemson-ND game were better than the guys on the AL-OK game. Those guys couldn't let a play go, even when they had nothing more of substance to say.

Watched it briefly and this was an exchange between Mack and Clawson:
(Early in the game. Clemson on the ND 42, 3rd and 6, paraphrased)

Clawson: I think they've got 2 downs here, so they rush for a few, make it 4th and 2 or 3 and have an open playbook on 4th. What do you think, Mack?"

Mack: "I think we need to see what they can do on 3rd down."

(To be fair, Clemson bombed it for a TD)

Clawson and Norvell shinned. Mack was okay. Didn’t impress, but wasn’t awful. Paul Johnson was just awkward

Clawson and Norvell shinned. Mack was okay. Didn’t impress, but wasn’t awful. Paul Johnson was just awkward

FelineWavyCoral-max-1mb.gif

The importance of that kind of appearance is something that cannot be overestimated. Should pay dividends down the road. Recruitable players watch those games and get some impression of guys they would like to play for. Clawson sounded impressive.

Add this to Jesse Bates III being in NFL rookie of the year consideration, and recruits may listen more attentatively when Wake coaches come calling.

Guessing they will do this again for the NC Game. Wonder if they will ask DC back. Enjoyed his analysis.

Would guess ESPN will want Jimbo on the coaches panel as he coached against both Bama and Clemson this season. Petrino did as well, but I don't think ESPN will want pay the cost to sanitize the studio after his appearance.

Wonder if Clawson did this to get some notice by schools looking for a new coach?

Guessing they will do this again for the NC Game. Wonder if they will ask DC back. Enjoyed his analysis.

Would guess ESPN will want Jimbo on the coaches panel as he coached against both Bama and Clemson this season. Petrino did as well, but I don't think ESPN will want pay the cost to sanitize the studio after his appearance.

ESPN might go with Petrino anyway because his former team played both. I'm sure they would prefer someone else, but what other coach played both teams in the last few years?

I could see them inviting the coaches who just lost to that panel and one ACC and one SEC coach.

Wonder if Clawson did this to get some notice by schools looking for a new coach?

So what if he did? I would hope anybody would take advantage of an opportunity to get more exposure and a higher paying job down the road.

So what if he did? I would hope anybody would take advantage of an opportunity to get more exposure and a higher paying job down the road.

This.

No matter the reason, there is absolutely no downside to Clawson doing things like this.

Good exposure for him and Wake Forest Football.

This.

No matter the reason, there is absolutely no downside to Clawson doing things like this.

Good exposure for him and Wake Forest Football.

Right now I'll read this as priceless exposure for Wake Forest football and Dave Clawson. Maybe some 2020 and beyond recruits were watching and favorably impressed.

Right now I'll read this as priceless exposure for Wake Forest football and Dave Clawson. Maybe some 2020 and beyond recruits were watching and favorably impressed.

I agree the exposure was excellent for Clawson, glad he took the opportunity. However, I had 2 screens to watch, a tv and an Ipad. To follow the flow of the actual game was on the tv feed. The coaches channel was into too much detail and review, re-review and play-back tape. I doubt some high school player with maybe 1 tv only would be watching the coaches unless in flip back & forth mode or a specific personal interest. But, maybe some did.

Did he come up with defensive wrinkles to stop Clemson ?

If that question is for me, I don't know, but doubt he did. I'd wonder how big the audience was outside of would-be coaching aspirants and those of us just curious. He was an active participant and seemed very informed in his thoughts. He's a great rep for WF. The show's concept was limited. IMHO.

I agree the exposure was excellent for Clawson, glad he took the opportunity. However, I had 2 screens to watch, a tv and an Ipad. To follow the flow of the actual game was on the tv feed. The coaches channel was into too much detail and review, re-review and play-back tape. I doubt some high school player with maybe 1 tv only would be watching the coaches unless in flip back & forth mode or a specific personal interest. But, maybe some did.

Good point. But maybe it’s more about his presence than what he’s actually saying.

Good point. But maybe it’s more about his presence than what he’s actually saying.

Yeah. I imagine the Wake twitter hyped it up.

Back