Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody care about Wake b-ball anymore?

The front page of the Raleigh paper today :
    "Wake filled a mere 36 per cent of seats at the Joel through the 2019 seasonís first five home games". Only Pitt attracted less as a percentage of capacity. Also "since the early Ď60s the ACC had only a single coach endure four losing seasons in his first five and held his job. That was NC Stateís Les Robinson." And that was after the academic scandals. The article also mentions how Manning was extended thru 2025 with a reported guarantee. Great stuff- geez please end the nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by saus21 View Post
    The front page of the Raleigh paper today :
    "Wake filled a mere 36 per cent of seats at the Joel through the 2019 seasonís first five home games". Only Pitt attracted less as a percentage of capacity. Also "since the early Ď60s the ACC had only a single coach endure four losing seasons in his first five and held his job. That was NC Stateís Les Robinson." And that was after the academic scandals. The article also mentions how Manning was extended thru 2025 with a reported guarantee. Great stuff- geez please end the nightmare
    I think the most likely scenario is Danny gets fired in March and a new hire is made. The biggest question is who makes the hire and will the right people help ensure its not another dud. Someone needs to email Sutton and Flow with a top 3 list that makes sense and not the garbage one Wellman keeps hidden in his panties.

Quote Originally Posted by ATLDeac View Post
    I'm going to the GT game tomorrow. Battle of ACC teams that lost to Gardner Webb. Should set ACC basketball back many a year. I'm a glutton for punishment.
    They should pay you to attend

Wellmans first three calls should be
    Grant-COC
    Oats-Buffalo
    Otzelberger-SDSU
    Those would be home run hires

Would any of them play for Wellman?

Quote Originally Posted by Buttermaker View Post
    Would any of them play for Wellman?
    They'd be playing for us.

why wait to fire him? do it now.
    worst thing that could happen is for him to get an upset or two and wellman go "well, maybe things are turning around."
    it's over. dude would be dismissed at any other P5 program with this shit show

FSU and vt top 10 and we are not in the top 25 ?

In terms of the original question, I hate to admit it but I still care...hard habit to break.

Quote Originally Posted by mebanedeac View Post
    In terms of the original question, I hate to admit it but I still care...hard habit to break.
    Yep. If we didnít care we wouldnít post

Quote Originally Posted by knowell View Post
    Again, another great article from Dan. It's the Shah's and other big donors that will force Well man and Hatch to fire Dopey.

Tech scored or got fouled or both 15 of the last 17 times they got the ball

Weíre going to hang our hats on our defense

Shah didnít make his money by holding on to bullshit failure investments. Obviously he and others are letting their emotions affect decisions here

ďwhat we saw today was a team that handled the ball like it was radio-active and played the kind of defense that would shame an over-40 team at the local Y.ď

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForest Fan View Post
    Shah didnít make his money by holding on to bullshit failure investments. Obviously he and others are letting their emotions affect decisions here
    We canít assume a guy who made money doing one thing is smart about using his money for other things.

Correct. Thatís what I said in post

"The rank-and-file fans have been wise to the dumpster fire consuming their once proud program, but the problem is, any and all protestations are falling on deaf ears. Best anyone can tell, the man most responsible for the plight of all Wake athletics, Ron Wellman, simply no longer cares.

On the other hand, Ron Wellman, by not addressing the current contract status of Danny Manning, is showing that he doesnít care what you as the rank-and-file fan thinks.
    "

Nailed it. Anyone who attends games or continues to enable this shit, really doesn't understand just how bad things have become.
    Oh Heavens Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Deacon92 View Post
    FSU and vt top 10 and we are not in the top 250 ?
    FIFY
    Football. Bloody Hell.

Georgia Tech crossed midcourt with the basketball 42 times in the second half, and either scored or got fouled (or both) 29 times.
    69%!

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Why the fuck do you people watch this utter tripe? Absurdly ridiculous.
    Football. Bloody Hell.