Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 308

Thread: Anybody care about Wake b-ball anymore?

  1. #241
    Scott "Rufio" Feather
    tigerswood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Price's Chicken Coop
    Posts
    5,820


    I post this every year around this time. Sad times.

  2. #242

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post


    I post this every year around this time. Sad times.
    Son of a bitch. I'm half convinced this is the "culture" that Wellman was referring to the whole time and it had little to do with our recruiting, etc. Just like K, Wellman is an old Fudd who doesn't like loud noises and flashly lights. Better to just lace up your shoes and walk onto the court like a gentleman.

  4. #244
    Frederic Fuckin' Chopin Why the Deac Not's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sorta Decatur, GA
    Posts
    2,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Dillon Fence View Post
    Pretty scathing blog from Dan, although it sounds like someone who reads this board and just summarized all of the "evidence" as to why Danny stinks and why the mirage of 2016-17 was just that (still tenth in the ACC!! and our defense sucked even worse possibly). However, what good does it do now? Even if we had that asshole Lenox around for another decade -- or some smarmy arrogant douche like him -- to write these very necessary and non-excuse making diatribes taking to task a lot more than just some coaching miscues on a game by game basis.

  5. #245
    Frederic Fuckin' Chopin Why the Deac Not's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sorta Decatur, GA
    Posts
    2,932
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerDeac View Post
    Son of a bitch. I'm half convinced this is the "culture" that Wellman was referring to the whole time and it had little to do with our recruiting, etc. Just like K, Wellman is an old Fudd who doesn't like loud noises and flashly lights. Better to just lace up your shoes and walk onto the court like a gentleman.
    Eff 'em if they can't take a joke. I shuda gone to state school.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter84 View Post
    Mr. Wellman, (Hatch also copied)

    I am a lifelong Wake Forest fan and a "double deacon" (-redacted-). I'm a past season ticket holder for basketball, despite living out of town and spent years living and dying with every win and loss.

    The last nine years have broken my spirit. I had hopes for Manning early on but over the last couple of seasons it has become abundantly clear that he is not the answer. As long as he is our coach the team will perform far below its potential. This HAS to be as apparent to you as it is to everyone in the fanbase that is still paying attention.

    It is clear the student body is no longer invested in what was once our flagship program, and that is the real shame. I can't really blame them. Athletics is one of the strongest forces binding alumni to their school. With the decade of irrelevance our basketball program is experiencing, we have lost an opportunity to bind 2.5 generations of students to the school. We will be paying the price for that failure for the next 50 years in lack of alumni support and giving.

    Decisive action needs to be taken right now. Every listless performance that goes by with Danny Manning still pacing our sidelines looking bored is further evidence that you and the powers-that-be at Wake Forest no longer care. Please prove us wrong and relieve him of his duties.

    I am of no importance as a donor or supporter but I won't be attending any more events at Wake or donating any of my hard-earned money until something is done.

    Respectfully,
    Scooter84
    Hey Scooter,

    I'm curious - could you please let us know if you receive a response? Don't really care to see the text, just to know whether Wellman has someone type a few words back to you.

  7. #247
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    39,054
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter84 View Post
    Mr. Wellman, (Hatch also copied)

    I am a lifelong Wake Forest fan and a "double deacon" (-redacted-). I'm a past season ticket holder for basketball, despite living out of town and spent years living and dying with every win and loss.

    The last nine years have broken my spirit. I had hopes for Manning early on but over the last couple of seasons it has become abundantly clear that he is not the answer. As long as he is our coach the team will perform far below its potential. This HAS to be as apparent to you as it is to everyone in the fanbase that is still paying attention.

    It is clear the student body is no longer invested in what was once our flagship program, and that is the real shame. I can't really blame them. Athletics is one of the strongest forces binding alumni to their school. With the decade of irrelevance our basketball program is experiencing, we have lost an opportunity to bind 2.5 generations of students to the school. We will be paying the price for that failure for the next 50 years in lack of alumni support and giving.

    Decisive action needs to be taken right now. Every listless performance that goes by with Danny Manning still pacing our sidelines looking bored is further evidence that you and the powers-that-be at Wake Forest no longer care. Please prove us wrong and relieve him of his duties.

    I am of no importance as a donor or supporter but I won't be attending any more events at Wake or donating any of my hard-earned money until something is done.

    Respectfully,
    Scooter84

  8. #248
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post


    I post this every year around this time. Sad times.

    That intro never gets old esp. considering how much we all know coach K hates the motorcycle, which by the way was much cooler than the one Wake has now. I remember some outsiders thinking Wake only did that for big games.

  9. #249
    Fuck that video hurts to watch. I was in that student section and definitely recognized a few faces in that video. Those times were so damned fun.

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by ipitytheblue View Post
    Fuck that video hurts to watch. I was in that student section and definitely recognized a few faces in that video. Those times were so damned fun.
    Wellman and Hatch put a stop to that shit.
    Oh Heavens Yes!

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post


    I post this every year around this time. Sad times.
    I'm half way kidding but screw you for showing us this. I'm a non alumni but it even makes me sick of how low the program has sunk. You almost get accustomed to shitty seasons and hope for maybe the next season to get just a little bit better but that video really put a dagger in my stomach.
    Space Force in

  12. #252
    Who wants to have fun at sporting events?

    Seems a dreadful waste of time.
    Football. Bloody Hell.

  13. #253
    That video is the most damning evidence of just how big a failure management has been at all levels. Holy shit.

  14. #254

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by RacerDeac View Post
    #culture
    #newbeginnings

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguy2016 View Post
    #newbeginnings
    #sameoldshit

  17. #257
    Wellman much prefers a crowd like this at the Joel -

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerswood View Post


    I post this every year around this time. Sad times.
    Almost 10 years ago now. Damn. The lost decade is truly almost complete.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by netflixnchildres View Post
    Wellman much prefers a crowd like this at the Joel -
    Soon the guy in the back will be told to sit down.

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by netflixnchildres View Post
    Wellman much prefers a crowd like this at the Joel -
    Saw a dude over on Facebook asking other fans to make sure they don't let any Duke fans into the Deacon Club room before the game. Can't have their wine and cheese social hour interrupted.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •