Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Anybody care about Wake b-ball anymore?

I really hate that I feel this way, but I don't care any more.
    It's not worth the constant disappointment, frustration and embarrassment.
    Can someone call me when we start winning?

Playing GT next weekend and I can see the arena from my office but it seems like a lot of effort to get to the game when I can be doing other things.
    Hungry

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Boy View Post
    This team shouldn't get to wear a uniform with "Wake Forest" on it. Make them wear one with just "Wellman" on it instead, since that is what they really represent.
    Make them earn it. Do it like HORSE. Each win earns one letter. Good chance they donít make it to WAKE.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubble Boy View Post
    This team shouldn't get to wear a uniform with "Wake Forest" on it. Make them wear one with just "Wellman" on it instead, since that is what they really represent.
    Agreed. They do a disservice to all that came before them.

We're stealing ACC money at this point. If we had any integrity, we'd give back proceeds from basketball. I guess every conference needs a patsy. #knowyourroll

Quote Originally Posted by DeaconCav06 View Post
    Playing GT next weekend and I can see the arena from my office but it seems like a lot of effort to get to the game when I can be doing other things.
    Last week I asked my son-in-law (a GT grad) if he wanted to go to the game since it's likely our only chance for an ACC win this season. well, so much for the chance to win.

Anyone who shows up to the games at this point is basically a traitor to Wake.

The only way this clown gets fired this year is if the place is a tomb. I would say the same about any giving.

If enough money continues to roll in, there is no reason to think Manning will not be here doing the same shit with even less talent next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekin View Post
    I really hate that I feel this way, but I don't care any more.
    It's not worth the constant disappointment, frustration and embarrassment.
    Can someone call me when we start winning?
    Itís not even about winning. Itís about having the faintest, slightest hope of a chance to win.

In years past I would have rearranged my entire schedule to watch every possible game, and if not able to do so, I would record it and allow no one to say anything about the score. Now I barely even know that we are playing.

When someone like me is not able to see some sliver of hope, then you can rest assured things are as bad as they can get. I donít see what there is to lose by firing Manning tomorrow. I donít see what there is to gain by keeping him. Unless itís money. And if thatís the case, Wellman is an idiot.

Nope. Not until we get a new HC and a commitment from the administration and BOT will I ever start to care again. Itís an absolute embarrassment the position we have put ourselves in. Shame on every single person involved.

Basketball is a shit sport. Itís boring and nothing unique or impressive everything happens.

The sooner it dies, the better.

Salty about the toffees?

Hatch and Wellman clearly donít give a ratís ass about it.

You canít be this bad at something for this long wothiut being completely inept.

Piss on us. We are who we think we are... Thanks Manning!!

Stoop caring about Deac basketball a few years ago. Done.

Maybe Ernie Nestor will finish the season...

Quote Originally Posted by pinochadeac View Post
    I shot my angry load on [name redacted]... Been apathetic to Manning and have tuned out till we start trying again.
    this is me as well.

I am shocked that anyone had hope for this season. Its playing out just as I predicted. Major dumpster fire.
    Last edited by Strattocaster; 12-29-2018 at 10:06 PM.

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Quote Originally Posted by Strattocaster View Post
    I am shocked that anyone had hope for this season. Its playing out just as I predicted. Major dumpster fire.
    I didnít have hope but I was thinking an 11 game major dumpster fire. That was really dumb in retrospect. We won 11 games last year and only brought in one player better than the top three players we lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Strattocaster View Post
    You thought we would lose to Houston Baptist and Gardner Webb?

We lost to Gardner Webb! Seriously?

Good Lord. We cannot fall further. So glad I lived and loved Wake during the Tacy, Odom and Prosser years.

I despise Wellman. Despise him.